Saturday, January 9, 2016

14 Weeks with Baby #2

I debated about doing this for my second pregnancy, but I've referred back to Logan's pregnancy on my blog a lot so far because it's the only record I have. Because of that I've felt like I should probably record this pregnancy as well. So feel free to skip these since they are just for my own record :)

This picture was taken at 12 weeks, and I'm really not even as big now as I looked then, in this pic it's mostly bloat. This was at my parents house and I'd eaten a very large dinner. But I'm feeling too sick today to take a belly pic so this will have to do!



How far along? 14 weeks
How big is the baby? The size of  a beet. I don't ever buy beets but that's what my app says. Much more substantial than when it was the size of a ladybug a little while ago.
Total weight gain: Around a pound so far, not bad.
Maternity clothes? Not yet. I'm awkwardly lumpy. But I don't have hardly any winter maternity clothes so that's okay for now.
Stretch marks: Nope. 
Sleep: It's fine, but I have to get up several times a night to go to the bathroom.
Best moment this week: I went in for a doctor's appointment on Monday and even though the doctor warned me that it might still be too early to hear the heartbeat, he found it almost right away. And then I found it with my own doppler yesterday. I'm super excited to be out of the first trimester, it's been pretty rough as I've been really worried about the baby and the first tri is like the danger zone. But everything is going really well so far.
Miss anything? I miss my stomach not being sick. I'm assuming I was just this sick with Logan but I feel like crap pretty much all the time. It is getting kind of old. I think I was sick until 16/17 weeks with Logan but it doesn't seem to be getting better... It actually seems to be getting worse! Oh and I also miss cold medicine. 
Movement: Not yet. Still pretty early. I was surprised when I went in for my appointment and both the nurse and the doctor asked if I was feeling the baby. I was like, uh, no. I didn't feel Logan until 21 weeks!
Food cravings: Gyros (yeah, that's a weird one). Also candy sometimes. I've been eating a lot of pickles but that's relatively normal for me. I love pickles. No, I do not combine them with ice cream.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Most things, it feels like. Chicken and poultry for sure. A lot of stuff just really doesn't sound good.
Gender: We don't know yet! Logan keeps saying it's a boy.
Labor signs: Nope.
Symptoms: Nausea, vomiting, frequent trips to the bathroom, bloating, super dizzy all the time, crazy hunger pains
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy and a lot less nervous than I was a few weeks ago
Looking forward to: Finding out baby's gender! We are finding out early again and we'll know two weeks from Tuesday, on January 26. Hopefully baby will be positioned right for that! Feel free to cast your vote on what gender you think the baby is in the sidebar to the right --->

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I love following along with this tiny baby like I did with Logan, keep it up:)

Unknown said...

I love the blog and look forward to updates about this tiny someone! It's wonderful and so exciting!