I don't know if you remember, but for Christmas my parents gave us money for an early gender ultrasound. We were able to go in last Tuesday to find out what the baby was, and so beforehand Jordan, Logan, and I all made our guesses!
I was getting really nervous and hoping that baby would look good and be active and everything. As soon as the tech put the wand on my belly we could see baby moving around! He checked the heartbeat and it was measuring at 129 beats per minute, which is in the correct range. And then he said, "Okay, let's find out what it is!"
As soon as he move the wand I could immediately tell. I'm bad at reading ultrasounds, but this one was pretty obvious, haha!
Boy boy boy all the way! Jordan and I are super excited to have another boy baby! Logan is just so much fun and it will be great to have two! Plus we will have a TON of boy clothes all ready in the perfect sizes!
The tech couldn't get any great pictures because baby is moving around like crazy but you can kind of see him.
We've had the name picked our for a long time if baby was a boy, so I called my dad right away to tell him there was going to be a little boy named after him, Parker Gray!
We only told our parents, and everyone else had to wait until Saturday when we were going to do a reveal party (kind of, it was mostly a birthday party for Katie and Aida) with Jordan's family.
On Friday Logan helped me make the cupcakes. I saw these on Pinterest and I just loved the idea, but they were soooo much work! First we had to make blue sheet cake.
And then use cookie cutters to make blue hearts.
And then put blue hearts in white cupcake batter and rebake them.
And then make both pink and blue frosting.
But I was really pleased with the final result (I'll just probably never make them again, ha!)
You could see the heart if you cut them in half. Oh, I also made the words out of melting chocolate, but I only did a few for pictures. There wasn't any way I would have made all 36 of them. Tooooo much work!
Anyway, so I was worried we weren't even going to make it to the party because there was like a blizzard in the morning and the roads were pretty snowy. Fortuantly we got lucky and it cleared up in the afternoon.
As soon as we got there (we were the last ones there) everyone was like "We have to know! Cupcakes first!" So everyone took a cupcake. They took pink if they thought baby was a girl and blue if they thought it was a boy. We had at least 12 people take girl cupcakes (I know because we ran out of them really fast) and I think 4 or 5 people guessed boy. I should've written it down! We can at least see from the pictures that Merijane, Krista, Jamie, Emily, Libbie, Hailey, Molly, Kelsi, and Abbie have pink cupcakes. I think Matt took a pink as well and a few other people. Lani and Josh have blue cupcakes.
And then we gave everyone the go-ahead to bite in and everyone was like, "Yay! Boy!" Jamie pointed out that Logan will be the only boy in the family to have a brother. We like to be unique.
Oh, here's my 17 week selfie. I wanted to be cute so I wore a blue ribbon. Awwww.
We are super excited to have another boy! Logan and Parker will be the best of friends!









1 comment:
That was so much fun! I loved all the excitement and another baby boy is so GREAT!!!
Post a Comment