Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Christmas Break

Jordan's LAST CHRISTMAS BREAK just ended! It's nice that he gets two weeks off of school; we will miss that! The day after the last day of finals we packed up the car and headed off to California! We have the best traveling team in the world. Logan was perfect the whole way and just wanted the tablet and ate snacks. Lexi didn't make a peep even though she ended up hanging off the middle seat wedged between the snowboard and the carseat. I'm thinking we're going to have to get a bigger car after the baby comes! 


The next day Logan wanted to get on the tractor first thing. Unfortunately it was pretty cold in Cali while we were there, and even though Logan got three tractor rides, they were all pretty short because he got cold quickly.



Logan had lots of fun playing with Michelle's puppy Nala. They both have a lot of energy so they are a good combination.





We went to a really really small zoo called Micke Park. Logan was a lot more interested in all the fake candy decorations than the actual animals, but we all had a good time.


Apparently Mom took me to this zoo all the time when I was little. I have absolutely no memory of that. There was a little Japanese garden at the park that mom said I used to dance across the stepping stones. So we found them and danced across them. Nope, I don't remember that either.


The Tuesday before Christmas we went shopping for all the food for Christmas eve and Christmas. Logan was really good and got to pick out a (messy) donut.


On Wednesday Dad, Jordan, and Brett went skiing and snowboarding up at Tahoe. My doc said I wasn't allowed to go so I stayed with Mom and we did some shopping and ran errands and she showed us where she works. Then we took Logan for lunch and played at a park. He had a great time!



On Christmas Eve we woke up and played with blocks!


About halfway through the day I realized I hadn't seen the presents we brought. I thought Jordan had put them somewhere, and he said he hadn't seen them either. We figured out they must have gotten left at home somehow. I got really upset because I had nothing to give to Logan on Christmas so we had to make a quick trip to Walmart to get a toy for Logan (we just got him something little).

After Logan went to bed I helped Mom wrap all the presents. I love wrapping presents!


Logan was so so so excited the next morning to open his presents and help with everyone else's. My parents got him an awesome firetruck and also a set of smaller emergency vehicles, and a shirt with firetrucks and police cars on it. He was thrilled and played with everything all morning.


Aren't his pajamas funny? I found the design the day before we left.


My parents also gave us an early gender ultrasound (scheduled for January 26!) and outfit for the baby (and a recipt to take back whichever gender it's not).


I helped a bit with dinner for Christmas (mostly I was just in charge of the twice baked potatoes, but they turned out really yummy). My grandma and grandpa Gallacher and aunt Lynn and cousin Jason were also at dinner. I just don't take a lot of pictures.


The next day we took the lawn mower out and played with it for a while. We also went out to Hunan Garden for lunch and it was fun.


Lexi and Rusty had lots of fun playing together.


The next day, on Sunday, we were back on the road and had a great trip back. We had a really fun time with my family!


After we got back from our trip we went bowling. Logan had a lot of fun until the very end and then he got bored.



On New Year's Eve Laurie took Logan for a sleepover so we could get some stuff done around the house. We took down the Christmas decorations and cleaned out the storage room and the guest room. It was really nice to declutter!


We had Callie and Doug over for New Year's Eve. We set up the chocolate fountain and had some treats to go along with it.


We played games all night and I got really tired but it was super fun. Jordan and I are awesome at the Pictionary card game. Just saying!


I missed Logan and was really excited to see him when we picked him up the next day, and he told me that I was his best friend. Score!


We finished off our Christmas break by seeing the lights at Temple Square. Logan really enjoyed them and when we left he said "Bye bye trees!"





It was a great Christmas break but we're so excited to be in our final semester of the MBA program! It's been great but it will also be great to not be students any more!

No comments: