Sunday, February 28, 2016

Last Week of February

We had an interesting and eventful week this week! Last Sunday we were invited to a dinner at Kerri's for Grandma and Kerri's birthdays. Brent made some AMAZING food but sadly Jordan wasn't feeling well and had to stay home. So Logan and I went together and had a good time. I made both of them a batch of chocolate covered strawberries (and enjoyed eating the ugly ones).


Tuesday we had music makers. It was really fun. Alison, who was in charge this week, had some super fun songs and also rhythm sticks and ribbon wands to play with. Logan had lots of fun with everything!



After music makers we went to the rec center to kill some time on the playground before we met up with Daddy for lunch. Logan is getting a bit more brave on the play equipment, which is nice!


We were able to meet Jordan for lunch (we had pizza). We had missed him a lot because he was in the middle of a case competition, which meant he got home really really late every day. Although that day, Laurie and Grandpa Birks came over for dinner and that was really fun. And that night we had our final MBASA board meeting. I can't believe the school year is almost over!

Unfortunately Jordan woke up that night super super sick. He was up pretty much all night with a sick stomach, but because of his case competition and midterms, he had to get up and go to school in the morning anyway. 

That was the day of my ultrasound as well (Wednesday). On my way back from picking up Logan from my friend who was babysitting him, our tire blew out on the freeway. We were so close to our exit too! It was pretty scary to just sit there on the side of the road hoping people wouldn't crash into us. We had to call Jordan and ask him to come fix the tire, even though he was in school and also sick. Logan kept asking what was happening and I told him the tire was broken, and Daddy was coming to help. He later told me that was his favorite part of the day. It was NOT my favorite part of the day, although I was extremely glad that it wasn't snowing, that it was relatively warm, and Logan and I had both already eaten lunch.

 You can see how the tire had 7 holes in it. Logan kept pointing out that the donut was "all brown" (he thinks black is brown) and the other tires were gray.


So, Jordan had to go back to school after that, and I wanted to go to an MBASA activity that night but I didn't want to drive on the donut. Fortnatly Matt is pretty nice and said that I could borrow his Tahoe to drive to the activity while he watched Logan. Thanks, Matt!

The activity was cupcake decorating and it was really fun. At my table were (starting from the left and going clockwise) Heather, Kierstie, Aubrey, Katelyn, and Hayley.


I was glad that I went, and came home and was asleep by 10:30. Jordan was still gone when I went to sleep. At around 2:00am I woke up incredibly sick with whatever Jordan had. And I proceeded to wake up every hour after that being sick. Mostly I did not make it to the bathroom so then I got to clean up the floor in the middle of the night too, which was really fun. I kept thinking Logan was going to wake up with whatever it was as well, and I'm so so so SO grateful that he didn't.

When morning finally came I was just dying, but at least I wasn't throwing up anymore. I was just so achy and sick and hungry but I couldn't eat anything but Popsicles. Jordan was so nice and stayed home as long as he possibly could, but he finally had to leave at around 11:00 because it was the DAY OF his case competition. Go figure. I was kind of worried how Logan would do because I couldn't even get out of bed, but he just watched movies while I slept and took a nice long nap for me in the afternoon. He was plenty content eating crackers, cereal, and Popsicles since I was in no shape to make actual food for him.

At around 9:00 Jordan texted me and told me that they would get to present soon so I wished him luck. Around 10 he told me that he and his team won! Yay! I wasn't as enthusiastic that night. I was just like oh good...and went back to sleep. Haha. I am super proud of him, though. This was the second round (they competed against other BYU teams the first round) against three other universities.


Friday I was still pretty much out of it and I was surprised that Logan still hadn't gotten sick. I still felt pretty bad and achy, but Jordan had to go take an accounting final so he had to leave and Logan once again watched movies and stuff on my bed while I slept. 

Friday night I was feeling a bit better, and Jordan set up Logan's big boy bed in his room when he got home. We've had the bed in our basement for about three weeks and for one reason or another hadn't brought it upstairs. When we bought it it was white and had writing all over it and was really scratched up. Jordan and his dad took it apart, sanded it, and painted it. Logan has been talking about his blue paint for weeks. He even prays about blue paint. "Thank you for blue paint." It's pretty funny.

Anyway, it was finally set up and we put his sweet new sheets on it, and put him to bed. I was pretty nervous about how it would go but he only woke up twice and didn't try to get out of bed, which is good for the first night in the big boy bed!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a crazy week! I'm thankful that you and Jordan are better and that Logan didn't get sick! I love that big boy in his new bed!