Thursday, March 18, 2010

8 Things

Rheanna, my good friend who I never see any more since we switched wards, tagged everyone who read her blog post to do this. So I guess I'm going to do it...

8 Things I'm Passionate About (in no particular order)

California.


My goodness, how I love my home state. Living in Utah for 5 years has really made me see how blessed I was to grow up there. Not that Utah isn't great, but in California we have the beautiful ocean, beautiful lakes, the gorgeous redwood trees, and nice weather. And no snow! You can drive to snow if you want it but you do not have to walk around in it in your home. Plus, I miss the diversity. Utah is unbelievably white. I love love love my non-white, non-Mormon friends that I grew up with in Elk Grove (shout out to Amira, Dexter, Jeremy, Saqib, and all you other great people), and I hope my children will get to experience that kind of diversity someday. I think it's good for you.

Horses.


I'm conviced that there must be some gene that makes you genuinely love horses. Yes, every little girl wants a pony. But most kids get out of it around 13 or 14, when they start liking boys more than horses. Few people stick with it during their lives. Unfortunatly for Jordan, he ended up with one of those horse crazy girls. Riding and working with horses teach people responsibility, determination, love, and respect. The things I've learned from working and bonding with Scout over the last nine years cannot be counted. He is truly one of my best friends.

My husband.

He is THE BEST. He truly is. When I tell people about him they say I married a saint. He's forgiving of my issues, patient with my outbursts, never gets angry at me, and is willing to include my expensive hobby in our budget. He is hilarious and often makes me laugh so hard I stop breathing. Plus he is extremely good looking. I am certainly the luckiest.

My parents.

My mom and dad are the best. Seriously. There is no doubt in my mind that I was meant to be with them, and every day I thank my Heavenly Father for letting me live with them. My mom is the sweetest, kindest person I have ever met. Seriously. Sometime's she's too nice, which is why Matt didn't learn how to tie his shoes until he was like 5, but still. She is one of my best friends and I'm lucky to have her. And my dad is the hardest working man in the world. He gets things done and he gets them done right. And he's extremely generous. I love him and love the time we've spent fishing, camping, golfing, and hauling Scout between California and Utah (we've made the 14 hour trip about 4 times now...soon to be 5. That's father-daughter bonding time).

Cupcakes.


Cupcakes are so great! Not eating them. Decorating them. When I see a new design I get so excited. My passionate about this has made me gain a few pounds, but it's worth it.

The sun.


I love the sun. It's so bright and warm and beautiful. I love it when it shines and I'm totally sad when it's gone. I love the fact that makes snow disappear and dries out the mud. I also love that it gives me a nice tan.

Being outside.


Being outside is so great. I just feel healthier when I'm outside. It's way better than being inside (except when it's freezing, because I hate being outside when it is really cold). I love laying out in the sun and reading a good book and feeling the grass beneath me.

Getting deals.


I've gotten very, very good at this since I got married and became extremely poor. I love shopping for decorations the day after the holiday and I like using coupons. I use them for everything! I always bring home my stuff and I say, "Jordan! I bought this for only _____!" And he always says, "Whaaaaat! Good job."

Eight Words/Phrases I Use Most Often

1. "Where are you going?"
2. "I love you."
3. "Hurrah!"
4. "I think there's something wrong with me."
5. "Yay!"
6. "Awesome."
7. "Scout!"
8. "I have to pee." (Seriously, I say this like 10 times a day)

Eight Things I Want to do Before I Die

1. Travel to Ireland
2. Have kids
3. Buy a two-year-old (or younger) Appaloosa and train it
4. Buy a house
5. Get a puppy and train it in agility
6. Take Scout to the ocean, ride him in the surf, and gallop madly down the beach. Bareback. Without a bridle. Ha ha, just kidding.
7. Visit the Caribbean
8. Learn to cook really well

Eight Places I Want to Visit

1. Ireland
2. England
3. Australia
4. Hawaii
5. Carribbean
6. Italy
7. Spain
8. Florida

My Eight Favorite Restaurants

1. Outback
2. Olive Garden
3. Hunan Garden
4. P.F. Changs
5. In and Out Burger (yes, it counts)
6. The Pie Pizzeria
7. BJ's
8. Carver's Steakhouse


Eight Shows That I Watch

1. Glee!
2. 30 Rock
3. House
4. Bones
5. The Office
6. Marriage Ref
7. How I Met Your Mother
8. Undercover Boss

Eight People I Tag
 
Oh, whoever wants to can do one. I was just wasting some time.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I loved seeing the 8 things you are passionate about. So fun!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Sweetie, this blog made me cry. I love you!

RyRy said...

Jamie,
This was such a "tender" post. I seriously got a little teary eyed reading about your parents. haha- I feel kinda lame, but nice job. I was touched. ;p