Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Day of Green-ness

Everyone knows I love green.

My wedding colors were green and pink.

All of Scout's stuff is green.

Even our car is green.

It's just such a great color!

So I always want to celebrate St. Patrick's in a big way, to celebrate the day of green.

This year we had Chip and Elycia over for a St. Patrick's Day feast. It was very fun!

We ate: corned beef (which Jordan cooked, by the way), lime jello, green bean casserole, potatoes, breadsticks (some which were shaped like shamrocks), and Chip and Elycia were nice enough to supply the green apple soda.


I had way too much fun decorating the table.




Here we are enjoying our green meal!




I had also made a green apple pie. No, not a pie with green apples. A GREEN apple pie. Here it is not yet cooked:



It also has little shamrocks on it. Can you see them? It cooked while we watched this movie:


Because frogs are, you know, green. It all worked out.

The pie was delicious.

Happy St. Patrick's, everyone! I can't wait until next year!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

That looks like such a fun St. Patrick's day celebration! I have never done anything to celebrate the green day! Not even 1 decoration, I love all of yours!!!!

Marcie said...

What a fun celebration! I remember our St. Patrick celebration a couple of years ago. I met Jordan on that visit!