Friday, March 5, 2010

Bee Mine?


Cute, huh?

My sweet Grandma Gallacher picked up a Woman's World magazine for me while she was in Idaho last weekend with us because they had these darling cupcakes on the cover. I immediately picked up the stuff to make them and set to work.

Of course, they are very spring-y cupcakes and when I woke up this morning, it was anything BUT spring-y. There were four inches of snow outside! And it kept coming!

Oh well. I took them to work and they brightened everyone's day.

Usually I do better with taking pictures of all the different steps, but not this time. Sorry about that! The bees are yellow peanut M&Ms with tootsie rolls wrapped around them and spice drop wings. The flowers are colored marshmallow fondant. I was disappointed they ended up looking so much like stars. I'm going to have to keep my eyes out for a better flower fondant cutter.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Those are adorable!!!! I think they are the same Bee's Bonnie put on her cute flower cake ball suckers she made this week. I love them. I hope you had fun with your friend horseback riding and at the temple yesterday. We missed you at our sewing bee!

Dennis and Bonnie Danielson said...

They are the same bee's good job Jamie! I saw that magazine as well. You made adorable cup cakes. I love your blog and seeing the creative, cute things you do! Keep it up!