A couple months ago was our anniversary. He asked me what I wanted and, like a dork, I told him I wanted some agility equipment for Lexi (I am so ridiculous. I never get fun stuff for me--I spent my entire teenage years getting bridles, saddle pads, and boots for my birthday and Christmas. I was the world's most boring teenager). He said, "That's not romantic" so I told him I wanted a wedding band. After checking out the prices on wedding bands, he decided agility equipment was the way to go.
He finally finished it up on Saturday! He's gone all the time so he doesn't have a lot of time to work on projects. I was really really happy with the result, though, so it was worth the wait. I think I might market agility equipment someday. It's so expensive online and most of it is pretty easy to make.
Anyway, I asked him to make me some dog cavaletti. Cavaletti are used with horses to teach them to pick up their feet correctly and to not knock things with their hind feet. For horses, they look exactly like these, only bigger.
I can flip them over to make them three different heights, and I can do a lot of different exercises with them. And they are only three feet long, so they don't take up a ton of space! Yay!
Jordan was also kind enough to make me a teeter board. It's a miniature version of the agility teeter totter and is supposed to get dogs used to the movement of the teeter before tackling the big one. I saw one online and it was $60 plus shipping. I showed Jordan and he said he thought we could make one pretty easily, and we did! It only took cost $15 and took about 20 minutes to put together.
I can't even believe how awesome it is. Lexi thinks it's pretty awesome too, although she thinks the movement is scary. We're taking it slow. Like, really slow. Check out our video below if you want to see Lexi "work" the teeter.
In case you've forgotten what our goal is, check out this video of a Purina agility championship. A big, actual sized teeter is featured on 0:33 of this video. The first dog is an aussie, too!
We're on our way!
2 comments:
Lexi will be so good! I want to see her go through the poles. That looks way hard. Oh, my grandpup!
They can't start going through the weave poles until they are a year old--the bending isn't good for a growing spine I guess. But I'm sure she'll rock it when it comes time!
Post a Comment