Yay! I just finished my Christmas shopping for Jordan. (I do all my shopping way early because everything is cheaper online.) This always feels like a huge accomplishment because I can never think of anything to get him. Why are boys so hard to shop for? Seriously. And it can't be just Jordan, because my dad and brothers are just as difficult. We drew sibling names this year and I got Michelle's name and picked her present (that I know she will love) in about ten minutes. And yet it takes forever to choose my husband's presents, and I'm not sure if he'll like them!
I have come up with some reasons why guys are hard to shop for.
1. They have a low-excitement factor. If one girl thinks something is cute, probably another girl will too. And if they don't, they will at least pretend they think it's cute and get really excited over it, no matter what it is. Boys aren't so good at pretending. And they don't get nearly as excited.
2. Boys don't like trinkets. Girls do. Since I love horses, I'm pretty much open to any silly little gift that has a horse on it--I will always love a pair of horse socks, a tote bag with a horse on it, anything like that. Especially if it looks like Scout. Boys aren't like that so much. Jordan likes guitars, but he would not go for a guitar computer bag, or a guitar tie. I already got him guitar socks.
3. Boys like gadgets and really expensive things. Last year Jordan really wanted an iPod or an iPhone, but we had a $50 budget, just like this year. Sadly, neither of those things fit into budget, although I really really wanted to get him one.
3. Boys like gadgets and really expensive things. Last year Jordan really wanted an iPod or an iPhone, but we had a $50 budget, just like this year. Sadly, neither of those things fit into budget, although I really really wanted to get him one.
4. Lastly, boys (at least mine) don't like to give out Christmas lists. When Jordan asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I was like, "Ooo! The Christmas Glee CD, a big agility tunnel for Lexi, or a doggie teeter totter, or some half chaps, or a new coat..." Perhaps that makes me sound spoiled. But it makes me easier to shop for! When I asked Jordan what he wanted he was just like, "I don't know." Well. That just puts him at the mercy of me, choosing some nice socks to put under the tree.

2 comments:
Jamie,
I think you are right, boys are hard to shop for. I always have the hardest time with Matt, and I never really know if he liked what I got him or not.
I love your new background
haha. Great post. It made me laugh.
Congrats on getting your xmas shopping done so early! I'm definitely one of those 2 days before xmas-last minute- shoppers. I'm impressed.
Post a Comment