Monday, November 29, 2010

Traveling: In which Jamie will travel through 12 new states



Sorry I haven't been updating lately. Jordan, Lexi, and I have recently set out upon the great adventure of traveling all over our wonderful country. You would think I would take some pictures, but so far I just haven't managed to.

On Saturday, we packed up the Malibu (and wow, was it full, with stuff for a whole month!) and drove to Jackson, Mississippi. I've never been in Mississippi, but it looks just like the rest of the South--lots of greenery--the only difference was that the dear people of MS are decent enough to only give their highways two names, instead of five like Georgia and Alabama (seriously, our GPS was driving us nuts saying "Turn onto Hwy 520, Hwy 30, Hwy 175, Hwy 750, Cordele Road, then keep left." No joke.). Anyway, Jordan and I stayed at a nice Holiday Inn while Lexi got the short end of the stick and had to be boarded at a hunting dog kennel filled with thirty barking Labradors. Sorry, pup.

Sunday morning we made the drive across the rest of Mississippi and headed across Louisiana, also a state that I've never been to. I don't remember much of Louisiana, really. And then we made it to Texas! Yippee. I haven't been to Texas either (I should become one of those people who tries to go to all the states. I would be well on my way after December). Anyway, Jordan will work the next three weeks in Texas, so we're at a Homewood Suites here.

Our itinerary for the next month is as follows:

On Wednesday morning, I will fly to California and stay for two weeks. Jordan's going to visit me either one weekend or both, as the FDIC will foot the bill for his plane tickets. On December 17 we'll drive halfway to Utah, probably staying in New Mexico (another new state for Jamie!), and then drive the other half the next day (through Colorado, yes, another new state). We will stay with Jordan's family for about six days and leave to drive home to Georgia, which will hopefully only take two days. I will get to add Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, and Arkansas to my state list.

So. After we get back to Georgia on Christmas day, we will get to spend a week at home, then drive back to Texas for two weeks, and then drive to Washington D.C. for two weeks (passing through North and South Carolina).  After all that is over, we should be done for a while. Phew!

4 comments:

Dennis and Bonnie Danielson said...

I'm very impressed that you can keep track of all that...hope your December is fun and you enjoy all the visiting and flying and driving!

RyRy said...

What a trip!
Have fun!

Laurie said...

We are so excited that Utah is one of your stops, even though you've been here before. Can't wait to see you!!!!!

Meags said...

wow! that's intense. just reading your post made me feel tired! =P may you enjoy every moment of it! =)