Friday, June 24, 2011

House Hunters

I'm an HGTV nut. When we moved into my Grandma's basement after we got married, I had access to cable and complete control of the remote for the first time ever. Well, when Jordan wasn't home anyway. And I discovered my love of decorating and buying homes vicariously.

When we finished seeing our second round of looking at homes on Wednesday and had narrowed it down to 3, I immediately thought of the show House Hunters (and the funny thing was, Jordan was thinking it too!), even though my favorite house hunting show is Property Virgins (I love Sandra!).

Anyway, I thought if you guys wanted to "play" (I like to guess which one they are going to pick) I could list our top three choices and see which one you guys like!

You are required to hum the House Hunter music as we go, though.

House #1: Awesome living room with cute backyard

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/100-Carillon-Ct_Leesburg_GA_31763_M56471-18113?source=web

3 bedroom/2 bathroom home: The outside is ugly. That's what we thought when we drove up. It's yellow. It needs to be repainted. But when we walked around to go in the house I fell in love with the yard. Half an acre, fenced in, with the cutest weeping willow tree in the middle of it, plus a small fenced off area to lock Lexi in when she gets obnoxious. The family room was AMAZING. It was huge. HUGE. And had a huge beautiful window and a fireplace. Did I mention it was huge? Wow. The kitchen needs a lot of work--the floors would have to be replaced and it would need new appliances. The carpet was new, though, and the rooms were all good sized and the master bath had double vanities.

House #2: Fixer upper with lots of potential
http://www.realestatebook.com/Homes/USA/GA/Leesburg/127-Laurelbrook-Dr/101-3000839922

4 bedroom/2.5 bath home: This house is super cute, but needs a ton of work. It's a foreclosure in a great neighborhood. The house is covered in dry rot so the outside would need to be all redone, and the carpets and flooring would need to be replaced. It's a house in need of a LOT of money and TLC but has a lot of character and potential. We love the lay-out, and while it's outdated it's livable, just dirty from sitting for so long. The yard was big, fenced, but no trees. But Jordan and I are hard workers, so we kind of think it would be fun to paint and put down flooring and make the house our own.

House #3: Pool and move-in ready

http://www.realestatebook.com/Homes/USA/GA/Leesburg/100-Kelly-Ct/101-3001010878

3 bedroom/2 bath home: It's hot in Georgia, but Jordan wasn't thrilled about the idea of having a pool UNTIL we saw this house. It's a great deal (yet another foreclosure) and move in ready. It's all been painted recently and wouldn't *need* any work done, although the kitchen is not my fave. It has kind of weird small cabinents. It's on a full acre and there's ton of room for Lexi to run around. The backyard is separated into two parcels so I could put Lexi's agility equipment in the back half. ALSO it's in the same neighborhood as some of our good friends, which is a great plus.

So there you have it. Three awesome choices, and as I was putting this blog together I noticed that House #1's price just got dropped $10,000. Which is awesome.

Put in your guesses, and the winner gets...and sense of self-satisfaction. And a hug from me (if you live across the country, I will think you a hug). Good luck!

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Those are all fun choices, I would still go with house #2 IF it can be fixed fairly easily. I then think house #1 is cute, (I do like yellow, so I thought it was darling) then #3, the pool is cool, but I don't think the house is as Cute, and cuteness has always been my goal. Any of them will be AWESOME, I can't wait to see what you decide on!!!!!

Meags said...

how fun! my vote: #1! good luck! once i get a real job i want to come and SEE what house you chose! =) hope all is well in ga! XOXO

RyRy said...

This is fun. ;p

mmm, I'm a no on #2- and like both 1 and 3. Think I'm leaning towards #1 though.

I'm excited to hear what your final pick will be!

Alyssa Auch said...

I'm saying #1! DO NOT invest in a fixer upper! They always end up being more work than you think, and it could be a money pit. Number one I didn't think was ugly on the outside (I'm cool with yellow, personally) and that backyard sounds really awesome! Plus the inside is gorgeous. :D

Marcie said...

Marcie says this: Well, since yellow is my favorite color and I love pretty windows, fireplaces and weeping willows, I am now leaning towards #1, although I think #2 has a lot of potential and is in such good neighborhood. Stay away from #3, a vinyl swimming pool sounds too scary.

Grandma is also leaning towards #1. #2 is sounding a little worrisome. What caused the dry rot? Are there leaky pipes? She also wants to know how old #1 is.

Good luck to our favorite house hunters!

Anonymous said...

When you want to buy a house,do not decide in buying directly.Just think many times and choose wisely about the house you are planning to buy if it's worth it.

Real Estate Seminar