Thursday, March 22, 2012

How does your garden grow?

Ours grows AWESOME.

This garden is like my baby. I check on it a million times a day. I looooove it. I have been looking forward to a garden for years.I can't believe how much the plants can grow in just 2 1/2 weeks! It's crazy!

Do you see the little baby blackberry?

Our first bean sprouts!

Yesterday we were out watering the garden and I was like, "Wow, our squash have gotten huge!" and Jordan was like, "Have they? We should have taken a picture." And I said, "We did!"

Now

Then

I've never done onions before so this should be interesting. They came up out of the ground which is a good start.


 
Tomato plants
Jordan and I also did our first bit of landscaping this past Monday for FHE. We dug out all the old pine needles (they call it "pine straw" here) and mixed compost in with the dirt and then seeded it with a special flower mixture that is supposed to attract butterflies and hummingbirds. And we put the bricks and rocks around it.


Only 3 days later there are little tiny sprouts!

We also added these lily plants around our patio. Hopefully they will bloom soon.


And we planted these cute little marigolds that our YW advisor gave me. So bright and cheery!


I love spring! More updates to come!

3 comments:

Marcie said...

I can't wait to come in June and see your garden then! And you!

Laurie said...

You are such a great gardener, I can't believe how it is growing. I am so glad you took pictures of it when you first planted it, so fun to see how fast things grow there where it is warm, and gets lots of love.

RyRy said...

how fun!!

Once we have a yard I would love to garden!