Sunday, March 18, 2012

Lexi's First Agility Title

Well, we certainly had a LUCKY St. Patrick's Day! Lexi was SO awesome at the trial yesterday! I was the proudest puppy mom that ever was! She qualified in BOTH her AG-I rounds and so she got her U-AGI title! That's basically the beginners title in the United Kennel Club (UKC).

As icing on the cake, she won both of those classes as well! We've figured out that Lexi is so fast that if she runs a perfect run, no one else is anywhere close to her in speed. She was 30 seconds ahead of the next dog in both classes.

Remember, if you have any questions about agility see my quick&easy agility post here.

Proudly posing with her ribbons

Close up of the ribbons

Here is a video of her beginners runs:



It's a huge improvement from her first trial, which you can watch here.

We also had a chance to compete in AG-II, which is the intermediate level. It has the weave poles as well as some other more tricky obstacles. Lexi made some mistakes but she still did really well. Her second run was beautiful except she popped out of the weave poles early (you only get 2 tries) so we didn't qualify, but I was still extra proud of her.

Here's the video of her intermediate runs:



We had a great time. Everyone was so nice and friendly, and 3 of my other agility friends came with us and competed their dogs and did well. It was just a fun day! And I'm so grateful for my husband Jordan who supports me and is becoming and excellent videographer with our NEW videocamera! Woohoo!

We've got one other trial lined up. Well, actually two days at one trial. We'll be competing April 12 & 14 at a HUGE trial in Perry, GA. It will be our first AKC trial so hopefully Lexi does as well as she did yesterday! Go Lexi pup!

2 comments:

Marcie said...

So proud of my grandpup! Dad and I can't believe how amazingly obediant Lexi is. We can't imagine how you trained her so well! I loved the videos! So much fun!

Laurie said...

She did such a great job! I loved getting to see her in the video, you get real workout too!!!!