Last Saturday was our annual ward spaghetti dinner and talent show. The Young Women put on the dinner as a Girl's Camp fundraiser, so of course I was very involved. Last year when we did it we ran out of spaghetti sauce. This year we couldn't keep the noodles coming fast enough. It was crazy but everyone eventually ate their share of spaghetti and we leaders could take a big deep breath of fresh air. Phew!
Jordan agreed to sing "I See the Light" from Tangled with me during the talent show. He rarely wants to sing with me so I was glad he finally said yes! I got my good friend Kristi to record it for us, so if you want to see us, here it is!
Yeah, I know we just stand there like boring people. Afterwards both Jordan and I were probably like, we should have been more lively. Oh, and our lovely pianist Jaylene's music fell off the piano halfway through the song. Totally not her fault! I was impressed she stayed with us.
The YW also did a little number. I had found a video on YouTube of some girls singing "Going to the Temple" (instead of "Going to the Chapel") and I thought it was cute so I stole their dance and taught it to the girls on Wednesday night. Yup. We had about 50 minutes to learn the dance and memorize the song. Fortunately I think they did a great job! They are such cute girls. I love them!
Jordan's YM also did a skit. They beat us with the time crunch, though. They put it together in the last 5 minutes of YM last Wednesday. I saw them do it. And it turned out pretty funny.
Everyone asked where Lexi was, and the bishop had even given her permission to come, but I thought it was too much stress last year. Maybe next year, though!
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What talent! What wit! What creativity! You and Jordan are great. It's so fun seeing your YW and YM too! Bravo!
So cute Jamie!! Loved both of the skits and the creativity. AND you and Jordan sounded great together. I remember the good ol' days of you and meags singing in your bedroom of 55. :P
much love,
Ry
Because of you I had that song stuck in my head all day! :)
Jamie you have such a beautiful voice! I love the Tangledd song! LYLani
Post a Comment