Friday, May 4, 2012

Baby Veggies Everywhere!

Yet another garden update! Here are our green beans. I noticed today that there are tiny little beans on them! So cute! Most of our beans plants died which was really sad. We have like 5 plants left over. Hopefully they will give us enough beans for a meal.

It's like I Spy! Can you see the tiny beans?

Here's some of the yellow squash. They are taking longer to grow than the green ones. I wonder if that's normal?


Here's one of the zucchini squash. We ate our first two with dinner yesterday and they were delicious! I want to make zucchini bread with our next batch of ripe ones.


Here are our monster tomato plants. They have gotten HUGE! I can't believe they were like 2 inches tall when we planted them.


We have a bunch of tomatoes on them but none have started to turn red yet. I can't wait until they turn red and I don't even like tomatoes! I want to make fresh salsa with them though. Yum!


Oh, and here's our "wildflower" garden. As you can see not much has happened yet. It looks like a garden of weeds. I told Jordan that next year I want to just plant regular flowers and he says he still has hope. We'll see.


We did get a few tiny white flowers pop up though. I guess that's something...?

So far I figure that the squash we ate would have cost like $3 at the store. The garden probably cost us around $60 to do, so so far it's not very cost effective. Hopefully it will even out soon! It's sure been fun though!