Tuesday, May 8, 2012

When Jordan and I were in Utah a month ago, we ate a lot of food.

And I mean a lot.

Not only was Jordan's family feeding us well, we also wanted to eat everywhere that we can't eat in Albany, Georgia.

And since our only (decent) restaurants are Outback, a Chinese food hole-in-the-wall, and a newly opened Buffalo Wild Wings, there was a lot of food we wanted to eat.

Cafe Rio. Leatherby's. Diego's Tacos. I'm pretty sure we ate out every single day at least once. Sometimes twice.

About halfway through the trip I started to feel really stomach sick. Continually. Like I woke up feeling that way and it stayed that way. (And no, I am not pregnant.) It was not a good feeling.

On our long drive back to our house Jordan and I decided that enough was enough! We were going to buckle down and lose weight if it killed us. We'd said it lots and lots of times before, but this time we actually did something about it.

I really thought it might kill us, the first couple of days. I thought I was starving to death. We both got apps on our Nook (his) and Kindle (mine) that told us how many calories we got to eat a day and we could plug in what we ate. I would watch my calories slowly dwindle as I drank milk. Ate a cookie. Snacked on a yogurt.

It was really depressing. Especially since Jordan got to eat way more than me because he's a foot taller.

But anyway, I eventually got used to it. And it was nice to watch the scale go backwards, one small percentage of a pound at a time.

Who else has seen this lovely gem floating around Pinterest?
Pretty gross, huh?

This morning I weighed myself and I realized that I have lost 5 pounds since I started eating better a month ago! I am just thrilled. And I feel so much healthier, more energetic, and (dare I say it?) at peace with myself for making this lifestyle change.

So yes, this is me publicly patting myself on the back. YAY ME! And Jordan. He's lost 7 lbs. YAY JORDAN! Oh, and Lexi's lost some weight too. YAY LEXI!

I still have a ways to go before I meet my goal, but at least I'm making progress!

1 comment:

The Sauls Family said...

Those aren't Albany's only decent food places! True, the choices aren't huge, but they are out there.