Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Paint by Projector

Right now I am having a lot of fun planning out how to redo our master bathroom. It is INCREDIBLY boring right now and I'm really excited about redoing it. I found this on Pinterest and I immediately loved it! It was done by putting a decal on the canvas, painting over it, and then removing the decal.


Well I thought that sounded really easy until I found out that buying a decal the size I want would have been like $30. UGH! So I decided to come up with my own plan.

First of all, I got really lucky and Micheals was running a deal on 40% off all canvases this week, so I went and picked up a few. I only got 3 because the space in my bathroom wouldn't allow 4 like above. Oh well.

I had leftover yellow paint samples so I painted the canvases yellow all over (the bathroom is going to be yellow and gray).



Then I found a bird on branch silhouette like the one above and hooked my computer up to the projector. I taped the canvases to the wall, and Jordan and I carefully traced the silhouette.




Then we took them down and checked out our work.


Can you see the pencil outline? Kind of cool, huh?
You can tell which parts I did--I drew a lot lighter than Jordan

After that, Jordan and I mixed up some dark gray paint and then painted inside the lines. It was our FHE activity on Monday. I really appreciated him helping me out! How many husbands would do that for their wives? He's so awesome.

The final result:



I think it turned out really cool! And it saved me $30. In fact, the whole project only cost $11.40 since I had everything but the canvases. So yay! I'm excited to hang it in my bathroom once I get the walls painted!

4 comments:

Robynn said...

This Auntie Robynn LOVES your birds on a branch. You rock the socks right off my feet. I want to be like you when I grow up. SLY

Kelsey said...

LOVE IT! so clever. you should pin it ;)

Dennis and Bonnie Danielson said...

Love, Love, LOVE IT!

RyRy said...

I like you Jamie. You're so cool. :)