Last October our neighbor was dividing up her day lilies and asked me if I wanted some, and of course I said yes! We had a few open up this week and they are beautiful! I was devestated when I realized they were only alive for a day though!
| So that's why they call them "DAY lilies"... weird. |
Our wildflower garden presented us with a new type of flower this week too. This was the first one, but now we've got six or seven and there are a bunch more ready to pop open.
For my someday-mother's day present, Jordan bought me three rose bushes and a couple of azela bushes to plant along the side of the house. It was so nice to work outside yesterday and just enjoy the day!
| Before (I got to rip up those boring bushes) |
| After (We are going to take all those bricks to the dump tomorrow, we just ran out of time yesterday!) |
We also got an early birthday present this weekend! Jordan's parents were kind enough to buy us this cute outdoor dining table and we were SO excited about it that we put it together right away! Thanks, Mike and Laurie!
| I can't wait to make a cute table runner for it! |
And then, of course, we had to eat dinner out there, so we made some AMAZING marinated shish-ka-bobs (if you want the recipe let me know!).
Here's our little dinner set up!
Lexi thought it was great to sit under the table. She was hoping we'd drop some chicken for her! And it paid off. We totally did.
Here's my dinner plate. The squash are from our garden. Hooray for being outside!
1 comment:
Everything is looking so good, from your yard to the delicious shiskabobs! Can't wait to come and see it all in person.
Post a Comment