Friday, May 4, 2012

Cake Pops with the YW

I've been wanting to do cake pops with the YW, and since Mother's Day is coming up, we thought it would be fun to have them make some cake pops for their moms! All the girls seemed to have a really fun time. I made three cakes the day before YW.

Funfetti, Strawberry, Chocolate


Then I crumbled them up and added the frosting. Guess what I learned? You don't want to use funfetti cake mix for cake pops. It turns brown and kind of ugly. But still delicious!


I made an example to take with me to YW to show the girls and I brought bags and some different types of ribbons so they could get creative.


We separated the girls into two groups of four so they could make their pops. The other group worked on cards for their moms in the room next door until we switched.





All the girls had a great time and their cake pops turned out really cute and yummy!

1 comment:

Meags said...

what a great idea! it looks like it was quite the success :)