On the Friday before Thanksgiving, we drove up to spend the night in Atlanta because Jordan's parents were flying in Saturday evening and Jordan needed to go to the youth temple trip in the morning. We always have our free hotel nights so it wasn't a big deal. Here's Logan chilling on the couch in the hotel:
While Jordan was at the temple, Logan and I took a trip to the strip mall to do a little shopping and to get some yummy hot chocolate at Panera. We got him this new handy tiny stroller. I think he likes it!
We had to hurry back to the hotel to pack up all our stuff before they kicked us out. Logan was pretty nice and tried to hold his own bottle while I got all our stuff together.
After we picked up Jordan, we had 5 hours to kill before the Cline's got in. We had a yummy lunch at Chipotle and then went to a few stores that we don't have in Albany.
Our library has a family Zoo Atlanta pass, so we'd checked it out before leaving Albany. It's usually $20 per person to go to the zoo, which totally wasn't worth it, but it was great for free.
The only thing we weren't counting on was the weather--it was totally freezing. We bundled Logan up in every piece of clothing he had.
A little ways into our zoo experience, we had to get Logan out and let him play since he had been in either his car seat or his stroller almost the whole day and he was getting a bit upset about it.
By far the best part of the zoo was the pandas. I'm not sure I've ever seen a panda in real life. I was glad the zoo was pretty empty so we could spend lots of time watching them.
Logan's favorite part of the zoo was the petting zoo. He really liked the goats. I think they reminded him of Lexi.
We also saw some fun kangaroos.
We finished up our day with a ride on the Zoo train, which was surprisingly like the boat ride on Charlie and the Chocolate factory. We went through a tunnel that was extremely psychedelic.
Then we hopped back in the car and went to the airport to get Jordan's parents. A great way to end our day!









No comments:
Post a Comment