Saturday, November 30, 2013

Grammy and Opi Come to Visit

We were so happy to have Jordan's parents Mike and Laurie come and stay with us for the past week! The trip went by so fast...we were so sad to have them leave today!

Here's Laurie and Logan after picking them up from the airport.



Unfortunately I dropped my phone and totally ruined it the second day they were here, so my pictures are extremely limited.

Here are some of the highlights of their visit:

Obviously, we loved that Logan got to spend some time with his Grammy and Opi. We also loved that Grammy was more than willing to get up with Logan in the morning while Jordan and I got some sleep. She and Logan are both early risers.


Mike gave Logan this sweet lion toy. He gives all the grandkids names in German and Logan's is Lionheart.


Laurie and I worked on some Christmas presents for all my nieces. We made them Minnie Mouse shirts to go along with their big Christmas gift. It was a lot of work, but they turned out so cute! I love them and can't wait to make Logan a Mickey Mouse shirt to go along with them.




Mike worked on repainting a bouncy horse Jordan and I had bought at a garage sale three years ago. Poor Mike, I made it pretty hard on him by saying that I wanted a bay appaloosa with a blaze and a stocking.

The horse used to look something like this, except in much worse condition (I forgot to take a before picture!)


And now it looks like this:



How impressive is that? Jordan still has to paint the base but it will be fun to put under the Christmas tree, even though Logan's still too young for it.

Laurie and Mike were nice enough to take turns babysitting so we could go to the movies. We saw Ender's Game with Mike, which was okay but not amazing (sad, since it's my favorite book) and Catching Fire which was AWESOME. I haven't seen a movie that good in a long time!

We also just hung out. Jordan got his parents into the show Chuck, which he loves but I'm not a huge fan of. We played games one night and ate lots of good food, and of course we celebrated Thanksgiving together. Here's Logan, Lexi, and I taking a break from Thanksgiving cooking.


Jordan took the whole week off of work to spend with his parents, which was such a blessing. Here's Jordan and Logan on Black Friday:


We were so glad to have our Thanksgiving visitors and are so grateful for everything they do for us. We sure miss you, Mike and Laurie!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful time all of you had together! I think that Lion Heart is a wonderful nickname for Logan! Such a special first Thanksgiving!

RyRy said...

Jamie, I just can't get over how cute your little boy is! So glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving.

Linda and Tyrel said...

Love all the pictures!! BTW, could I have your address for Christmas cards? :)