Sunday, November 3, 2013

Logan is Four Months Old!

Yesterday, Logan turned 4 months old! He's getting to be such a big boy now and learning all sorts of new things!


Logan weighs around 17 lbs now and I'm not sure how long he is. He has his 4 month well-check tomorrow so I will update this then. He is in size 2 diapers, wearing 3-6 month and 6 month clothes, and is eating about 36 ounces of formula a day (sometimes a bit more). That's a LOT!


Logan has become a lot more interested in everything around him. He's always looking around and trying to grab things, like my hair. Yep. He REALLY likes to grab my hair, so I will probably be keeping it in a bun for the next year.


Logan has gotten really good at rolling from his tummy to his back. He started doing it pretty frequently last week right before he got sick. I would put a toy to his side and he would roll over to grab it. It was really cute! He still hasn't rolled from his back to his tummy yet, but he rolls to his side a lot. He almost always sleeps on his side.


Logan is really close to grabbing his feet. He likes to grab down near his ankles. I think in a couple weeks he'll be holding his feet, which I'm excited for. It's so cute when babies grab their feet!


He has decided he LOVES Lexi. Whenever she comes around he just smiles and smiles at her. He also likes to grab her ears and fur. She doesn't love this. I try to save her from his iron grasp...I know how it feels!


He is also trying to sit up. If I put him on anything slightly reclined (like his car seat) he tries so hard to pull himself up. I can't wait until he can sit up and go in a regular car seat and sit in a shopping cart. He will be so much happier and then I won't have to drag him around in that heavy thing!


One thing that I think is really funny is that Logan is really interested in watching TV. I had no idea that babies this young could like TV, but if I'm really tired we watch Arthur or Magic School Bus (I'm determined that my child will watch the classics...I despise most current kids shows) and he is just glued to the screen. It's kind of disturbing so I try not to do it for more than an hour a day. 


Logan's sleeping has gotten much better, thanks to sleep training. I know lots of moms don't believe in sleep training, but for this mama, it was a necessity. Yes, there was crying involved, but Jordan and I were in the room the whole time, so he knew he wasn't alone. Now he goes to be around 7:30 each night and wakes up between 6:30 and 7:30,  which is so awesome. His naps have also lengthened from 30 minutes to anywhere from an hour to two and a half hours, and everyone around here (including Logan) is much happier.


This month he also starting eating rice cereal, which he loves. He got sick for the first time, which was so so sad. He (kind of) had his first holiday--Halloween--even though he was sick for it (and is still kind of sick, which is why he wasn't very smiley this month). He is also spitting up like crazy, which is horrible. It started at the beginning of the month. Spit up is supposed to peak at 4 months so I really hope it slows down soon! Usually he's soaked two of my shirts by 10:00 am. He still loves baths, going outside, and hugging toys.


Logan is such a wonderful little guy. He really is a happy boy most of the time, which is great. He is pretty content to just go wherever with me and watch me bake or sew or whatever. One day he even came out and practiced agility with me in the baby carrier!

I had to include this picture; his expression is too funny!

We love our Logan and can't wait to see what he learns next!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

What a cute 4 month old baby boy Logan is. I think he has caught up to Sophie in weight already. Look out girls, here comes Logan!!!

RyRy said...

Seriously adorable! :) Love reading your posts.

Elycia said...

He weighs as much as Paige! Almost as much as Devan. Adorable chunky monkey!

Unknown said...

Logan is just so dang adorable! Such a big boy! I can't wait until Christmas!