Sunday, April 27, 2014

Weekend Trip to Destin

I'm sure I've said it before but one of the best things about living in Georgia has been being close-ish to the Florida beaches. I have been itching for the weather to get better so we could go down and it finally did!

We drove down to Destin Thursday night and spent Friday at the beach. We went to Crystal Sands beach and the sand is so beautiful. Pure white and so fine and clean! Logan loved playing in it.

We brought our new camera with us so we had a lot of fun taking pictures.




We got this amazing umbrella last year on clearance. I have no idea how we survived going to the beach for three years without an umbrella but it's an absolute MUST for a baby who refuses to wear a hat.


Logan really enjoyed his new sand toys that the Easter bunny brought for him.


So after a couple hours at the beach I could tell Logan was ready for a nap. He was so tired though that it was really hard to get him to fall asleep. It probably took about a half hour of effort from Jordan and I. Finally I got him to fall asleep like this.


About five minutes later a helicopter ZOOMED over the beach and it was SO LOUD. It was a military helicopter and it was flying extremely low. I was like, "You've got to be KIDDING." I was sure Logan would wake up. And he did--he hopped up onto his knees, and immediately fell back asleep like this:


I thought it was the cutest thing ever.


After naptime was over we played some more in the sand and took a lot more pictures. 








We headed back to our hotel, stopped at Moe's for some burritos, and then gave Logan a bath and put him down for the night. Having a baby in a hotel is kind of lame when you don't have separate rooms. We're spoiled like that.

Logan woke up at 4:00 am the next morning and we couldn't get him to go back to sleep. He sleeps really terribly in his pack n play and I need to fix that somehow! No one wants to wake up at 4 on vacation...or any time, really. 


After Logan took a much needed morning nap, we headed back to the beach. It was a perfect day and we saw two dolphins right when we got there. 

The water was beautifully blue!



I love this picture that Jordan took of Logan and I!


We had so much fun and can't wait to go back in a few weeks! We're going to use up all of our hotel nights in Florida because, really, we're not going to have any time to vacation while Jordan's in school and where is there to go in Utah anyway? So Florida here we come! Yay!

1 comment:

Linda and Tyrel said...

Love all your pictures!! The beach looks sooo amazing, and your baby is seriously adorable! Glad you had a great easter and are having some fun before your move.