Today I went to my craft fair! I was really stressed out this week trying to get everything ready. Laurie was nice enough to take Logan yesterday afternoon and overnight so I was able to work and finish everything up that I wanted to. I worked from 4:30 to 10:00 straight and I didn't even get dinner, but I did get mostly everything done that I wanted to.
Anyway, this was my set up! I did end up hanging some masks from the front too and I took down the wall on the side. I was very grateful for everyone who let me borrow stuff to make my booth (Laurie, Emily, and Krista). I was pretty happy with how it was set up but I think if I ever do a show again I need to figure out how to make my stuff more visible from the sidewalk.
Here was my table in the back. I had the doll nativity set up just as an example, I wasn't going to sell it. And I found all these bows I had made a long time ago so I tried to sell those too.
Here was my doll set up. I made several Annas, Elsas, Ariels, and Sophias because they are my most popular dolls.
I had seperate dresses, and I didn't have time to make every outfit so I had a list of all of the options.
Krista had asked me to bring her American Girl Doll bedding as well to sell.
This was my mask/headband table.
The ninja turtle masks sold really well. I only had two purple ones left at the end of the day. Jordan had told me that the purple one was the lame turtle so I wasn't surprised.
Here are my headbands. A lot of people thought they were pretty cool but I only sold a couple.
I think it was a really good experience. I didn't have to pay a booth fee, so that was good. And I did sell a few things. Unfortunately they WAY overestimated how many people were going to be there! I'm not sure if it was because of the BYU game or what. They said there would be about 2500 people and there were probably about 300. I still sold a few things and I talked to a lot of people and passed out several business cards. Everyone liked my stuff a lot and everyone was ooohing and awwwing over the dolls. I'm not sure if it's going to be worth it for me to do craft fairs in the future, although I think I'd like to try one that actually had a bigger crowd.
1 comment:
Wow, everything looked great! Too bad there weren't too many people.
Post a Comment