I had so much fun at the MBA Winter Formal last year that I was really looking forward to this year! And it certainly did not disappoint.
I started looking for my dress in early January because I was worried I wouldn't be able to find something to accommodate growing baby. I was so thrilled when I found this dress at Ross for $20! Score! I also bought some super sparkly jewelry and shoes to dress it up even more.
Here's our "professional" picture. You can see my sparkly shoes kind of.
The theme this year was Blue Carpet Party. They wanted everyone to dress up really formal, but there was a pretty good mix of semi formal and formal wear. The ballroom was set up beautifully. I loved the decorations. The blue lighting was cool except it made all of our pictures look blue!
Here's a selfie after sitting down at our table! We sat with Aubrey and Jonathan Sanchez, Dale and Allana Trolley, Kierstie and Steve Larsen (Kriestie did my hair and it was so pretty!), and Emily and Jake Honsvick. It was a really fun table!
Here's us with Steve and Lori and Aubrey and Jonathan. These guys are best buds in the program. We're going to miss them a lot!
Dinner was BYU catering so it was really not impressive, but it was food that I didn't have to cook and dishes that I didn't have to clean, so I was a fan of that! The entertainment was a couple who are theater majors and sang for us (they had beautiful voices) and also an MBA professor who was trying to be a stand up comedian. Heather's husband Robby and another guy from the program, Jake, MC'd and they were really funny. They announced MBA awards and they were quite amusing!
Here's Heather and I after the dinner. We couldn't sit with her because she had to sit up front with Robby. Funny thing is I sat at her table last year at the Winter Formal and we didn't even really know each other then! We only started hanging out after having dinner at Kristy's house about a month after the formal.
After dinner they had dancing, and Jordan and I were some of the last of the married couples to leave, along with Kristy and Dalan, and Steve and Lori. Here's Kristy and I. We'd ditched our shoes by that point. I'm so grateful for all the friends I've made in the program! I'm going to miss everyone so much!
We got home around 11 and I was so tired! I hadn't gotten my nap in that day so I went right to sleep. I was really glad that Laurie and Mike had taken Logan for a sleepover so I had the whole next day to just recover and do whatever I wanted to do!





2 comments:
What an amazing night! I love reading about the details! You and Jordan are just so cute!
You are Jordan look GREAT!!! What fun pictures of a fun night. So glad we could get to play with Logan.
Post a Comment