Friday, February 26, 2016

Valentine's Day Surprise!

A few weeks ago I noticed Jordan had a 3 day weekend coming up. I am getting pretty tired of the snow and cold of Utah, so I suggested we take a trip down to St. George. Jordan was like, "Or...we could go to California!" That sounded much more fun (and also warmer).

I called my dad and we decided to surprised my mom and Brett and Michelle. So Thursday Jordan skipped one of his classes and we drove halfway and stopped in Winnemucca, where we had a delightful night filled with two garbage trucks and several car alarms. Needless to say we are not going to miss traveling through Winnemucca after moving to Arizona!

We got to my parents' house around one o'clock on Friday and then just hung out and enjoyed the nice weather. Mom wasn't going to get home until pretty last so Logan and I just hung out outside while Jordan took a nap. I was having some Braxton Hicks contractions so I was trying to relax but of course Logan wanted to go see everything!

My mom didn't get home until about 8:00 that night. Dad had been watching for her so we went and hid in the guest room until she came in and went in the kitchen and started talking to Dad. And then we sent Logan out carrying a rose for Valentine's Day. I should have videoed it, it was really cute. Mom was so excited! Yay! Unfortunately for her it was pretty much Logan's bed time so she only got to see him for a bit.

The next day was just more enjoying the sunshine! Logan of course wanted to ride on the tractor. Dad dragged the pasture and Logan rode along, although he kept saying it was "too bumpy" in the pasture.


Logan had to give treats to Dobbin and Courtney.


Dobbin was trying to eat Logan's ear.


We went out and sat by the pool even though the water was a freezing 45 degrees. Logan is really obsessed with the pool cleaner, which he refers to as "Water Robot." Pretty sure he thinks its our roomba robot's best friend.


Me and Logan and the freezing water.



Logan really likes Michelle's dog because it doesn't pull as hard as Lexi.


Mom, Logan, and I went to run a couple errands in town and we stopped at the park by the house I grew up in to play for a bit. The playground sure seemed a lot smaller! Logan had a lot of fun playing soccer and pretending to drive a "boat."


He also had a blast on the swings.



That night we all went out to dinner at Outback. It was really fun to have everyone together. Except Matt. We did miss Matt. Logan kept us all entertained by pretending his upside down bread plate was a robot that was going to eat his cup.

The next day was Valentine's Day! I made a heart shaped pancake for Logan and it had PINK SPRINKLES. Logan was thrilled. Everyone else got regular round pancakes.


And actually ate all of it, which is crazy for him.


We had to hurry and get ready for church because it was Stake Conference in Elk Grove. But we had to take some pictures before leaving.



I wish I'd gotten a picture with both my Valentines; oh well!


Logan did NOT take a nap after church because he was just too excited to sleep! After talking in his crib for an hour I finally got him out and he helped Grandma set the table for Valentine's dinner. He put all the napkins very nicely on the plates and then put a heart sticker on each one. He was very proud of what a good job he did. 


Grandma and Grandpa Gallacher and Aunt Lynn came over for Valentine's dinner. Dad barbecued chicken and it was delicious, and Mom made a berry pie and an apple pie and they were both very yummy!

We spent the rest of the day outside. Jordan and Logan played a lot of soccer on the grass and had a great time. I can't wait to put Logan into soccer next spring!

The next morning we were on our way back to Utah. It was hard to say goodbye to my family and this beautiful blue sky, but it was a fun short trip!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This was the most wonderful surprise! I'll never forget Logan coming out with the rose! Such joy! How I love my Cline valentines! I didn't want the previous weekend to end!❤️❤️❤️