Well, I know I haven't posted anything on the house in a while. That's because they hadn't done anything in a LONG time! It was so frustrating. We would go see the house every week and still nothing had been done!
Finally, after FOUR WEEKS of no progress, Logan and I were out by the house on July 28, so we decided to drop by. I was so happy when I saw that they had put in the insulation! Yahoo!
Here's Logan and I in the family room!
This is the living room.
And Logan in his room, doing a dance!
So a couple days later, I was out by the house for church (Logan and I went to church while Jordan stayed home with Parker) and I decided to swing by the house, even though I was pretty sure there wouldn't be anything new since I had just been there Thursday afternoon.
Imagine my surprise when almost the entire downstairs had been drywalled! Amazing!
Living room.
Downstairs bathroom.
The only room that wasn't done in the downstairs was the family room.
I took a selfie in the kitchen!
Logan had been asleep when I saw the house with the drywall (I just ran in and snapped a few quick pictures and left him in the car with the a/c on) and when I told him the house had walls, he really wanted to see it! So we went back with Jordan and Parker on Wednesday, August 3. Now EVERYTHING had drywall!
Logan's really excited his room has walls! He wants to paint them blue. Big surprise.
Here's Parker checking out his room. "Hmmm, I think the crib would look good over there!"
Heading down the stairs.
This was in the garage. I guess everything is okay to tape! I'm assuming that is the next step. And look, our house earned a little star! Way to go, house!
We are crossing our fingers that everything will keep moving along quickly but I'm not going to hold my breath! We have no idea WHEN in October it's supposed to be done but I'm hoping the beginning, of course! I am so ready to be out of our apartment, but we're so blessed that we have a place to live and this beautiful home to look forward to!
Oh, and Logan keeps saying, "Our house has walls! Let's stay here!" and then getting really, really upset when I explain that it would be pretty miserable staying there in the 115 degree weather! Haha!











1 comment:
Walls are wonderful! We will all dance like Logan when you move in!
Post a Comment