Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Jamie and Jordan do a stupid thing




As most of you know, Jordan and I are planning on moving to an apartment next month. We don't have one picked out yet, put I am confident we will have one by the end of the week. Seriously. I've been searching the ads almost 24 hours a day. I even snuck onto the computer at Heritage yesterday to check. I know! Bad!

The problem is that we have a very small budget for an apartment, and I really, really want a dog. Really badly. I don't know, I just miss Scout and need something to love, other than Jordan and our goldfish. I've always had a dog and I want one. I know, "you can't always get what you want" is what Jordan's always telling me. But I figured hey, if I'm putting all this time into finding an apartment, maybe I'll find one that allows dogs.

I found a few yesterday and I felt certain that one of them was going to work out. It was perfect! It was fully furnished, with a month to month lease, and allowed dogs. So I asked Jordan if I wanted to go to the animal shelter with me.

Really, really bad idea.

Every one of you is saying, "What where you thinking?"

Yeah, I know!

But we went anyway.

And waiting for us there was the most beautiful Australian Shepherd puppy that I have ever seen. And she was so sweet. They let us take her out and play with her, and she never chewed or barked once (she was a six month old puppy, but that's still rare). We took her on a walk and she stayed right next to us and didn't pull. When we put her back in the kennel, she was so sad and didn't want to go and tried to run out. Poor baby.

Jordan even named her. I told him not to! But he did anyway.

Of course, when we went to see the apartment, it was super small, and the lady said the dog had to weigh ten pounds or less. Ha!


We are still searching like crazy to find an apartment that will let us keep her, but I think chances are low. I do hope that she finds a good home. Good luck, Dakota! 

Glee Cast - You Can't Always Get What You Want from Bárbara Letter on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sad. she was so sweet!! :{

RyRy said...

I thought the story would end with you getting the dog! ;p