Anyway. I think I had the most stressful week of my life this week. Seriously. I developed an eye twitch, and it has yet to go away.
We decided we were going to move out. And because we had (stupidly) gone to the animal shelter and fell in love with a dog, we decided we needed to find a place to keep her. Fast.
So we checked out three different places on Tuesday and picked one, called Lookout Pointe, in Provo. We were pretty set on it. So we decided we were going to move on Saturday.
On Thursday, I saw a small house with a backyard available for rent. It was a little above our decided price range, but I would have loved to have a backyard. Even though it was super, super small, we still thought it would be fun to live there, and worth the extra money. We came home and started packing.
Yesterday we found out the utilities were going to be around $200 a month. We were so confused, we didn't know what to do and we were tired of thinking about it. So finally yesterday night we decided that we weren't going to rent the house. Unfortunatly, everything in our apartment has been packed! Heavens. It's a disaster. No wonder my eye is going crazy.
This morning we called several places and looked at three. The first one was awful. The second one was a split-level, and it was pretty nice (even though the bathroom was extremely ghetto; there was one electrical socket and it was above the mirror). The last place we looked at was a top unit in a four-plex, and it was really big for the price (although there was no dishwasher). It was nice to see all that space when we had been looking at such tiny apartments. They did not, however, allow pets.
Then we did another silly thing. We were driving down State Street and I saw some apartments and I was like "Let's go look over there!" They were really, really nice. Of course they were about a hundred and fifty dollars over the other apartments we were looking at (which, to be completely honest, really isn't that much money if you have even a decent job). I turned to Jordan and said "I don't want to live in squallor!" He promised me that when he got a real job, we can live in a nice apartment and we will no longer have to live in squallor (and he also promised me a puppy. You all are my witnesses). Hurray! Hopefully that day will come soon.
Anyway, we were both getting headaches and my twitch was getting worse, so we decided to just apply for the four-plex. Then we could move out as soon as possible. Our credit was approved and so we're now proud renter-people! We went tonight and signed all the papers and then sat on the floor for fifteen minutes basking in the glow of our new responsibility.
We then headed straight out and spent our Christmas money on a brand new sofa and love seat. They are very comfy and pretty and we're very proud of our second and third pieces of furniture. I'm really excited to be able to start decorating our own place. Here is a picture of the sofa I took with my cell phone:


3 comments:
What a stressful week, but it sounds like it had a very happy ending!!!! Can't wait to come and help you move and see your new home.
Congrats! That's so exciting!
AND I love the couch-lol.
I'm excited to see your new place. Let me know if you need help moving or anything- I have a mini van now... ;p
Count me in! I'd love to see your new place--how exciting! :)
Post a Comment