Thursday, January 21, 2010

Why I won't be blogging as much

Hello everyone,

I am taking a short break from my work day to tell you all that we currently do not have internet at our apartment, so the only time I can check email/facebook/write blog posts is at work, when I probably shouldn't be doing any of those things. We will hopefully be getting internet in the next week. It's on our list, somewhere after getting all unpacked, cleaning my grandparents' basement, and painting furniture (Laurie and Mike have been nice enough to donate a dresser, Krista and Matt donated their old table, and Jamie and Emily donated a TV stand. They are the nicest, best in-laws ever!). Since Jordan doesn't have a job, his current job is to re-finish all the furniture. We don't have ANY furniture (save our new couch and bed), so it's difficult to put away our stuff when there is nowhere to put it.

We are still looking for a coffee table, two nightstands, and a bookcase. If anyone has any old ones lying around that they don't want anymore, let me know. I've been checking KSL often for deals.

We discovered, on our first night in the apartment, that it didn't have a microwave. I realize that probably most apartments don't have one, but we've been spoiled. How do you survive without a microwave? We have one that we got for our wedding, but it's in California. My vote was to drive to CA to get it. Yes, I know it costs more to drive there than to buy a microwave, but still. Laurie found one on KSL for $7. She is quite the bargain shopper! I can't wait for Jordan to pick it up tonight.

Oh, and the best news so far: Jordan got an interview with the FDIC for a job in New Mexico! They are flying him to Washington DC on February 2 to interview. He will be there 5 days! I'm jealous. I really, really hope he gets the job. He's got a friend who works with the FDIC who is going to coach him and give him pointers. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but I can't help it. I've already started looking for horse boarding there.

Anyway, friends, I look forward to writing again when we get internet! Until then, ciao!

5 comments:

Emily said...

I don't have any furniture to give you but you could check out Ikea or Ikea.com. They have cheap furniture. I think they have little side tables for $7 and we got a bookcase there for $19.99. There's also DI, but that's always hit and miss and they usually need TLC. Good luck.

RyRy said...

1. Good luck to Jordan! How exciting! I wanna hear how it goes.
2. Have you checked craigslist? They have a lot of free stuff and decently cheap stuff especially around the provo/orem area.

Unknown said...

I wish you were driving out to California for your own microwave!

Charlie said...

Well, if you want to wait until April, I think we will be going to the wedding then if you want us to bring it up, if we come.

Laurie said...

I have to say, I do miss your blogging, so I hope you get internet soon!!! I hope you like how the table and chairs turned out, I thought they looked pretty cute after a little scrubbing and some paint.