Here's us in front of the capital building.
Here's a castle I thought was pretty.
There's Jordan walking to the castle!
We visited the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History. It was pretty great...
...but I'm not gonna lie, I was kind of hoping to run into one of these guys.
But they work in the Jeffersonian, so no luck. Ha. They did have a Bones-inspired exhibit, though, which I greatly enjoyed.
Also, we discovered that Sparkle is almost as big as the Hope Diamond. Almost.
We met Rex from Night at the Museum.
Friday night we went and saw this. It doesn't have anything to do with D.C., but it was AWESOME. Go see it. Seriously.
Today we took the world's steepest, longest escalator. It was a bit scary, honestly. This picture does not do it justice.
But it was worth it to get to the zoo. A zoo in the middle of a huge city! Kind of funny. It felt like a bajillion degrees. Can you see the sweat dripping down our faces?
This is a sloth bear. I did not know they existed until today. There are only like 10,000 of them left.
This is a Prysvalski's horse, which is the closest living relative to the first horse (which were small and weird looking). These guys aren't quite as refined as the common day horse, but still cute.
I don't think I've ever actually seen an armadillo in real life until today. They are really, really weird looking. And they are fast! It wouldn't hold still for me to get a good picture.
They also had a Amazon exhibit with some really big sting rays. This is a smaller one but it was prettier, and probably more poisonous.
I was sad because the pandas were hiding inside because it was incredibly hot. I don't blame them--by the time we were done with the zoo I was about ready to jump in the pond with the sloth bear.
Do you know what else we learned today? Zebras are not actually black and white. They are actually BROWN and white--the black is an optical illusion! Isn't that crazy? I never knew that! The things you learn in our nation's capital.


4 comments:
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your fun day with us!!!! I LOVED seeing all the pictures, what a lot of fun you can pack into a short amount of time!
I'm so glad you have time to blog again. It's fun to see everything you guys are doing. Hailey loved seeing the pictures at the zoo...now she really wants to go there.
This post makes D.C. sound like a blast! I love Bones almost as much as life itself - I've gotta go see that exhibit!!
I love that Zoo! I used to go there a lot as a kid. fun times...I'm glad you're enjoying yourself!
Post a Comment