To make the day a bit more festive, I went to the dollar store I found in the mall and bought some fun decorations. Jordan wants to leave them up until we leave. The cleaning lady is going to be surprised tomorrow. Wouldn't it be funny if it were her birthday?
I also picked him up a teeny weeny birthday cake, a lame dollar store card, and some lame dollar store presents (he had to open something, and we'd already bought ourselves BYU sweatshirts for birthday presents. Those are expensive!)
Here I am trying to be artistic like Tatia:
Jordan was pretty excited about our little tiny birthday party. I don't think he was expecting it.
He blew out his candles...
...and opened his presents.
They weren't very exciting presents. Here they are:
For dinner, we headed to this awesome Southern restaurant called King Street Blues.
It was really great food, and had a fun atmosphere! Our waitress was awful though. Like, really bad. Jordan ordered some amazing ribs.
We were occompanied by our good friends Deise and Calmann! It's really weird to see them somewhere other than Utah. But they are moving out here so Calmann can go to George Washington University. It's fun to have a couple of days with them before we go down south!
For an excellent ending to an excellent night, we rode on the yellow line of the metro. So far, we've only ridden the orange, red, and blue ones, and my goal is to hit all five before leaving. Now I'm only missing green, my favorite color.
We were really excited to be on the yellow line.
Happy birthday, Jordan! You are the love of my life!
3 comments:
Happy birthday Jamie's hubby! BYU sweatshirts ARE ridiculously expensive. And that's a really good idea to get a teeny tiny birthday cake. We are doing it for mine next month so I don't eat so much!
Thanks for making it so we could feel a part of Jordan's 25th birthday!!!! What a cute wife you are to make it so special for him even when you are so far away. It looks like it was one to remember for sure!!!
I love the b-day celebration pictures! You are too cute! I love you two and miss you tonz! LYLani
Post a Comment