Jordan and I took the Metro to get to the FDIC building. I took several pictures but this was the only one that kind of turned out. Go figure, he's making a funny face.
The subway reminded me of Space Mountain at Disneyland without the ups and downs. Blackness, lights outside the car, and the noise.
Here's the building we're staying in. Jordan took this picture when he interviewed, that's why there's snow on the ground.
And here's our hotel room. I was bummed that there's only a queen size bed.
We have a little kitchenette so we don't have to blow all of our money on food. It's nice, it came with pots and pans and plates and things like that.
Here's our bathroom. It's pink.
I'm slowly getting used to the time change. What's the rush? Yesterday I got up at 9:30 EST, and today I got up at 8:50, so I'm getting better. Today I ventured out of the apartment and walked by myself to the mall so I could buy myself some work out clothes. I'm proud of walking around D.C. all by my lonesome! I'm hoping that tomorrow I will get on the Subway and take a tour of Arlington Cemetary. We're really close.
That's all for now! I will update when I have more exciting stuff to show all y'all.
6 comments:
I'm glad you made it safely. It sounds like it's going to be a good couple of weeks!
We miss you both.
Loved the pictures and Happy Belated Birthday yesterday Jamie! SLY Auntie Rob
awesome! i look forward to more pictures and updates! =)
woo-hoo. you're a city girl!
looking fwd to more pics.
Can I just say jealous? I loved getting to walk around DC all by myself. Please email me if y'all need any suggestions on cool, fun, free things to do in DC. Enjoy!
I'm so happy to see that you are blogging all your adventures! Your apartment is very nice, thanks for showing us the pictures, it makes it a little easier to have you so far away, when we know what's going on with you! Have fun in DC!
Post a Comment