Sunday, July 18, 2010

Scout and Jamie's Last Hurrah

Well, Scout and I had a wonderful last show. I got to spend the day with all my horsey friends, cheering each other on and commiserating about mistakes. I am really going to miss all my good friends at Zephyr Ranch. But the show was a wonderful way to spend my second-to-last day with him.

We rode in two flat (non-jumping classes) and got a first and a second. It was a good warm up for the jumper classes.


Here we are warming up in the field for our jumping classes. I really loved being able to ride outside the arena. Scout loved it too!




Here's some pictures of us in the jumpers:


Check out Scout's new open front and ankle boots. They were my birthday present!


Whoops.


Blurry, but at least Jordan got a picture over the fence. It's very tricky!


In my jumper classes, Scout did everything I could hope for. We rode in the 2'6", 2'9", and the 3' jumpers (timed rounds). Scout was one of the only horses that didn't refuse ANY fences, and he only knocked one rail the whole time (he couldn't help it, I really messed up on that jump--see above picture where I am almost falling off). Good boy. I love that horse. Here's a video of a full round and a jump off. Check it out!


I love you, Scout! Thanks for a wonderful three months. I can't wait to see you in December!

1 comment:

RyRy said...

You did great! I'm so glad we got to see you!