On Saturday, since we no longer have to spend our weekends unpacking (YAY!), Jordan and I decided to visit the visitor's center in Albany so we'll know what's going on and what awesome Albany things are available to us. The visitor's center was surrounded by these little turtles:
The park behind the visitor's center is called Turtle Park or something, but I did not see any real turtles. Bummer.
This is Flint River. It's pretty.
Jordan found this crazy caterpiller:
I took pictures of flowers instead of deadly bugs.
So, apparently the only piece of fame Albany has to it's name is that Ray Charles was born there. They had this big statue of him that plays his songs all day long.
They also had this awesome park with an enormous turtle.
After we'd worn ourselves out walking around the park, we went to a little barbeque place that we'd heard was good. We got there a little bit before it opened so we waited outside. Ten minutes after it was opened, there was a huge line going out the door! Crazy. But man, it was good.
1 comment:
I loved seeing how BEAUTIFUL it is in Albany.
That piano, music note and turtle are HUGE! What a fun day it looks like you had.
Post a Comment