Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sigh. The internet at our apartment went out two days after I got it, and so I've been internet-less for about a week now. It's torture, and it's especially difficult because I don't know where anything is! Jordan took the GPS so I've basically been stranded. I just happened to drive by the library yesterday and said "Eureka! I bet they have public internet!" And so here I am, cruising the net.

Updates on what's going down with me:

1. Jordan will come home tomorrow! He'll probably be out of town again next week but we've been separated ten days now. Four days will seem like nothing. He has promised to take me to Outback for doing such a great job unpacking.

2. Our apartment is pretty much put together! For a few days I felt like I couldn't breathe. It was an incredible amount of work unpacking everything all by myself. I am really, really glad it's (almost) all over.

3. Lexi is almost completely house trained. I've got a bell that I hung on the door and she goes and rings it when she needs to go outside. She's only had one accident the last two days, which is not bad. So far she's learned to sit, lay down, roll over, crawl, and we're working on beg.

4. I got my first freelancing assignment from LDS Living. It's an Everyday Saints piece, which isn't too exciting, but you've got to start somewhere. I'm having my interview for it in about an hour and a half. I'm going to interview the president of Overstock.com. Maybe he'll give me a coupon!

Those are all the major things that are going on right now. Sorry there aren't any pictures; I can't upload pictures to this public computer. I hope all you guys are doing well! Love you!

3 comments:

RyRy said...

Hello Friend!
Good to see you are alive and staying busy!
If you ever get bored don't hesitate to give me a call. As you're unpacking your stuff I'm at home packing up mine so distractions are always welcome!

I look fwd to seeing more pics and updates.

Laurie said...

I am so proud of our little grandpup!!!! Way to go Lexi, and her personal trainer, you are the best!!!! Did you decide NOT to go with Jordan next week, or did you write the blog before you made the plan to go????

Marcie said...

Hi Sweetie,
I love this blog, even without the pictures! We have the cutest grandpuppy ever!!! And she is so very smart. . . Poor Rusty--he'll feel like such a big oaf around her!