75 degrees and sunny in the middle of February? Love it! I really, really don't miss the five months of snow in Utah. And even in SacTown, the weather is crappy until March. This is sooo awesome.
Anyway, we've been enjoying it. Jordan and I spent today (Saturday) playing tennis and sitting out by the pool (the pool is still much, much too cold to swim in, although Lexi sat in it on the top step). I've got an awesome sunburn!
Here are some pictures from our week. Jordan was working in Cochran, GA, a tiny little town in the middle of nowhere. I didn't want to not be with him for Valentine's Day so I drove up Monday afternoon and we spent the night at a bed and breakfast. Here's my presents to him:
Candy bar bouquet (that I made!):
And presents (Catch Phrase, Monopoly Deal, and The Confession by John Grisham.) Yes, I'm still reusing gift bags from our wedding...
Here's a cute Southern House at the bed and breakfast we stayed at, but they didn't let us in a cute house because we had Lexi with us. Lame. We had to stay in a FREEZING cabin.
Jordan had left for work by the time I got around to taking pictures, so Lexi had to be my photo buddy.
Sidenote: She's wearing a Halti, which helps her not to pull on the leash. People always think it's a muzzle, and parents freak out when they see her coming towards their kids. I'm thinking of having her wear a sign: "This is NOT a muzzle."
Pretty fountain.
Thursday night we went to a rodeo in Perry, Georgia. I loooove rodeos. I am strange. I like both the events where they tie the calves up. When I told Jordan this, he said, "I like the event where they put a little bomb in a calf and make it explode." He's so mean...
You know how they always say, "Who's from _____?" and you all cheer? Well, the rodeo clown said "Who's from California" and of course I was the ONLY one who cheered. He said, "Well, welcome to a state that can pay its own bills!" He was kind of a mean clown...
The half time show was this guy who trains horses for movies. He's under the box waving the flag. You can't see him. He was amazing, though.
And of course, like I mentioned in the last post, Lexi and I frequented the Macon Dog Park every day, which was the best dog park ever. They had a fun stream...
...and Lexi actually loved it! I'm so glad she's over her fear of water. She has always been terrified but then a couple of weeks ago we went hiking and she jumped in a swamp. She could have been eaten by alligators, but at least she isn't scared of water anymore!
And there was an agility course. It was awesome. Lexi and I loved it.
We made lots of friends, especially this old guy with his two labradors. He liked me a lot and asked me for dog training tips. He was a cute old guy.
Anyway, we've been enjoying the weather and seeing our new state! I don't say it often, but hurray for Georgia!
2 comments:
I love Jamie, she's the best I miss her alot!!!!
Lexi and Scoutie boy are the best of any pet. I miss them alot too. I loved reading your blog with Grammy. I wish you were here with me and I love you so much.
love,
Libbie
I'm glad that you are having a fun spring in Georgia! Michelle and I are having fun reading your blog. We love you and miss you.
Post a Comment