Jordan was asked by the Primary presidency to be King Benjamin at their activity this morning. He was the cutest king ever.
We had to make a tower (I made it late last night, so it's not my best work...) and then he spoke to the Primary kids from it about service and loving one another. All the Primary kids just adore Jordan (we were substitute teachers for just about every class when we moved into the ward) so they all paid very close attention.
During his speech (?) the kids would sing songs. I love this new one the Primary learned last year:
A long time ago in a beautiful place,
Children were gathered ’round Jesus.
He blessed and taught as they felt of His love.
Each saw the tears on His face.
The love that He felt for His little ones
I know He feels for me.
I did not touch Him or sit on His knee,
Yet, Jesus is real to me.
Chorus
I know He lives!
I will follow faithfully.
My heart I give to Him.
I know that my Savior loves me.
Now I am here in a beautiful place,
Learning the teachings of Jesus.
Parents and teachers will help guide the way,
Lighting my path ev’ry day.
Wrapped in the arms of my Savior’s love,
I feel His gentle touch.
Living each day, I will follow His way,
Home to my Father above.
Chorus
I know He lives!
I will follow faithfully.
My heart I give to Him.
I know that my Savior loves me.
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I never imagined King Benjamin as so handsome! I love Primary.
Post a Comment