When I made the cake pops on Monday I only had time to make half of the batch so I stuck the rest of the dough in the fridge. I also ran out of dipping chocolate. Today I didn't end up subbing so I had time to finish them up.
Cute, no? I decided to practice some different ways of decorating them. Obviously I need some practice (especially on my scrollwork), but I didn't think they looked too bad.
Weird thing, though, 3 of the cracked, so either my candy was too hot or the cake was too cold, or a combination of both. That didn't happen on my first batch. I don't think I did anything different except that the dough had been in the refridgerator, then I rolled it, then froze it for 15 minutes. So I should have cut the freezer time to 10 maybe?
Anyway, I'm learning. Also I didn't have to dip these twice because I used red instead of white, so you couldn't see the cake through them. Yay!
Thursday, February 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are truly amazing!!! Those are the cutest things I've ever seen. The girls loved their valentines, that was so cute of you. I gave each of them a bag with the extra suckers. You are so thoughtful to do that for them.
Post a Comment