Saturday, February 25, 2012

President's Day Getaway

Last weekend I had both Friday and Monday off for President's Day, so we decided to take advantage and take a little vacay. We had some hotel nights that needed to be used so we headed on down to Florida.

Lexi really wanted to come, but she stayed with our
 friends and had a great time!
The first hotel we stayed at was the Hilton Orlando. It was super fancy and we got to stay on the executive floor. Really all that meant was we had a long elevator ride.

Still going strong after 3 1/2 years of marriage...yay!
Even though we got to the hotel after 10, we still wanted to go swimming so we went to check out the pools and they were AMAZING. They had the best lazy river I've ever been in and it was awesome.


The next morning we went swimming again before check out. The slide was super fun!


Jordan lounged while reading the book I got him for Vday.


At around one we checked out and went to the temple. We're pretty cheap so I had brought stuff for sandwiches and we ate outside the temple. I'm sure all the other Mormons understood.


It was really nice. We haven't done a session in a REALLY long time...probably over a year for me. I love the celestial room in the Orlando temple.



So then we headed to our next hotel which was in St. Petersburg, FL. Not as nice of a hotel but it was beach front. Unfortuantely the weather wasn't great.

Me after church...I didn't just hang out in my dress all weekend.

The whole reason we went down to St. Petersburg was because we'd just seen this movie:



...and I wanted to meet the real Winter! (The dolphin without a tail, if you haven't seen it).

So we went to visit the most depressing aquarium in the world. Dolphins without tails, otters with paralyzed back legs, and sea turtles with air in the shells so they float with their bottoms up.


We were trying to be excited.
It was...interesting. It's amazing what they do in that place and I'm glad they save the animals but I was kind of bummed out after we left...maybe that's the point?
The dolphin on the right is Winter the tail-less wonder. Apparently she only wears her
 prosthetic tail for 2 hours a day. Who knew?


Anyway, once we were done there we hopped back in the car. After a quick lunch at Panera Bread (YAY!) we headed back to Leesburg. It was a fun getaway and nice to spend some quality time together before Jordan took off for his DC trip.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

I LOVE that you take pictures of your adventures!!! What a great getaway. Thanks for sharing.

Marcie said...

I wish I could have gone on the Lazy River and seen Winter. I'm so glad that you and Jordan had a fun, fun vacation and that you're still going strong after 3 1/2 years. And I'm with Laurie--I LOVE LOVE that you take pictures of your adventures. Can't wait to find out about the trail on Saturday!

Laurie said...

I forgot to mention that I LOVE your black and white dress, SOOOOO CUTE! If I had one like that, I would hang out in it all weekend!

RyRy said...

Glad you guys had a fun weekend and that you were able to go to the temple! :)

Meags said...

confession: on more than one occasion i laughed to myself while reading this post... it was funny!
glad you guys are doing well! XOXO