Sunday night I was digging through my cupcaking stuff and found white chocolate, Valentine's sprinkles, and Valentine's cake mix. I turned to Jordan and said, "I have everything I need for cake pops except the sticks!"
Jordan's reply: "So, you have cake?"
Ha ha. So funny. Really witty.
Anyway, since it was Sunday I couldn't go out and buy sticks, so I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday after work and started on my project.
It took me all afternoon but I was pretty pleased with the result.
| "Is that a doggie treat on a stick?" |
First you make cake. Then you crumble it up (YAY! Fun) and then add in frosting until it's like a dough.
Then you roll your dough into balls and dip sticks into chocolate and insert them into the little dough balls. Then they get to chill out in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
Then you dip them and decorate them. It was tricky to get the coating smooth (I got a bit better after practice) and I dipped some of them twice for a better coat. Those ones had too much chocolate I think.
But they were prettier.
Anyway, they were fun! I can see more cake pops in my future. Sweet!
3 comments:
I have never made them, but they look so cute I may have to try them toooooo! You are so talented, I sure wish you were closer.
They look so fun and yummy! I want to eat one!
I had no idea that's how they were made. They sound so much better to me now that I know they are dipped in chocolate and not covered in frosting!
Post a Comment