Ruffles are super popular these days. And fortunately, they are like the easiest thing EVER to sew.
Today I made about a million ruffles. And it was great.
When Mom came to visit last month she brought a pillow sham that went with her new bedspread. Like mine, hers only came with the two shams. I knew my sewing machine was coming so I promised her I'd make her some fun pillows. We picked out fabric to match and then I looked for fun ideas on Pinterest.
Here are the finished products:
Aren't they totally adorable?
Closer up:
You can find the tutorial for this pillow here. I didn't glue the flowers on yet--I thought I'd just mail them and see what look Mom liked best.
The tutorial for this pillow is here.
And this is one like the ones I made with Laurie in Utah...basically you just make lots of ruffles and sew them on. Pretty easy!
I also made some Euro shams.
I just followed this tutorial here for the most part.
So...are you all impressed?
I decided to put them all on my bed and see the full effect.
Even without Mom's cute shams I like it a lot! As Jordan would say, winner winner, chicken dinner. Even though it doesn't really make sense.
Bummer, though, because now I'm out of projects. I think I'm about ready to graduate from pillows. I really, really want to make myself a darling dress like this one next. The tutorial doesn't look too bad.
![]() |
| And look! Ruffles on the bottom! :) |
Maybe next week?

No comments:
Post a Comment