Sunday, July 1, 2012

Jamie and Laurie's Bedroom Makeover

Jordan's parents came to visit this week and we had such a fun time! While Jordan was at work on Wednesday and Thursday we ended up making over my bedroom. I'm not sure how it happened, since I just asked for help with pillows, but it sure turned out great!

Our bedroom was pretty boring. We had nice furniture and a nice comforter but other than that...


Yeah. Lame.

But Laurie and Mike brought me an AMAZING present with them from Utah!


A sewing machine! Gram had had it sitting in her basement forever and she decided to give it to me! It's amazing and I love it.

We found some amazing fabric on clearance and were able to make two big Euro pillows and three throw pillows! We had a horrible time finding fabric that coordinated with our bedding but finally we found some and they turned out wonderfully!


This cream one is my favorite! It looks like a wedding dress.

The Euro pillows were made out of this amazing fabric we found on clearance for $3 a yard! It's hard to take a good picture of it but it's like a gold-y brown color and it has embroidered scroll work all over it. We bought the entire roll of it so...


...we could make drapes!


Aren't they so cool? They took a while to make but were totally worth it. It totally pays to have a home ec teacher as a mother in law! 

Another project we did was repaint these adorable picture frames Krista had made me for Christmas. She did them green because that's what our bedspread used to be. We spray painted them a rusty red and then antiqued them. 


They turned out great!


Our last project was my lamps. I had just enough spray paint left over from the picture frames to spray paint the silver lamps (see the first picture). Then I antiqued them with stain.


They turned out so cute! I have plans for the lampshades too, but that will be for another day. I love our new room!




No comments: