But hey, I print out my blog on a yearly basis and my posterity needs to know how amazing Lexi was.
Anyway. This week Lexi and I were able to compete three days at an AKC trial in Perry, Georgia. It's only an hour away from our house, so it's the closest trial we've been to. YAY! But it still equaled three very, very long days.
On Thursday, the first day, we got to the trial around 7:15 so Lexi could be measured. She's finally an "adult" so she can get her permanent height card! Yay! Our first class was around 9 and it was Novice jumpers with weaves. She did perfectly amazing and had a perfect score and won the class! Huzzah!
Unfortunately, our next class wasn't until 4:30 so we had to wait all day. It was so boring! I'm pretty sure they are trying to weed out the people that aren't serious by putting Novice first thing in the morning and last in the afternoon. Anyway, I worked ring crew for most of the day to pass the time and earned a few bucks towards my next trial and got a free lunch.
Second class of the day was Novice Standard and Lexi had yet another perfect run and first place! I couldn't even believe it. She's pretty dang amazing. We were ready to go home though.
| Can we go now? |
Friday was pretty much the same. I was nervous going into jumpers because since we already had two Q's (see post here) if we got another one we would get our Novice jumpers title. I really really wanted to get a title at Perry because they give you title medals instead of ribbons, which is way cooler. And Lexi did it! She was perfect and won her class! Hip hip hooray!
Yet another boring day of working ring crew and a free lunch.
By the end of the day Lexi and I were both exhausted and ready to GO. But we had to do Novice standard. It was the same deal--we had 2 Q's so if we did another one we would get our standard title and another medal! Unfortunately Lexi missed her weave pole entry, which would have been okay had she not knocked a bar later in the course. Like I said, she was tired. It was still a really nice run. Here's the video:
Saturday we had to get to the trial by 7:00 since I was in Open jumpers now, and that one is before even Novice. Jordan agreed to come, which makes him the best husband in the world because who really wants to spend their Saturday watching dogs jump for 12 hours? Not even me.
But anyway. We ran in Open and Lexi did perfectly...again! And she was pretty fast. In a class of 15 dogs, including Border Collies (and they win EVERYTHING) she got first! Amazing! (Have I said amazing enough in this post yet?
| Here she is in her kennel showing off her ribbons |
Jordan discovered that the arena had WiFi, which made me mad because I could have been watching Grey's while at the trial instead of being bored out of my skull. He watched The Office and tried to nap on my arm while we waited and waited and waited.
Finally it was time to run in Novice standard again. I was determined that we were going to Q so we would never have to wait until the last class of the day again! Plus I wanted my other medal and this was my chance.
And we totally nailed it! A Q and another first place. Yippee Lexi the wonder dog!
| I think she knows she's awesome |
Here's Lexi's videos from Saturday:
Oh, and by the way, Lexi has three titles now so her official name is AG-I Cline's Southern Debutante NA NAJ. Which is fancy!
3 comments:
i actually have quite a few questions/comments for this one. brace yourself. :P
1. that is quite the name--congrats! :)
2. how does she not get distracted from the other dogs/audience.
3. how do you know where to guide her? can you just take her through each obstacle in whatever order you want?
4. i love the inny-outy station--she looks like she's dancing/prancing. :)
5. do YOU train her for all these tricks? or are there classes or something like that.
5. your music selection for your second clip was perfect! i felt like i was prancing through the course with her! ;)
XOXO
Nice work Jamie! (and Lexi).
That's a great idea to print out your blog- you've inspired me. Where do you do it? Do you make it into a book?
sorry- the above comment is Ryanne.
Post a Comment