Well, yesterday was the Tallahassee AKC trial. We've been in a slump since Bainbridge last July. I hadn't gotten an AKC qualifying run since then, and it was driving me CRAZY because I was only one Q away from titling in Open Jumpers so I could move on to Excellent Jumpers. I have been practicing out in the yard every day it wasn't raining because I wanted that Q so bad. I was even toying with the idea of running in Perry in April, 29 weeks pregnant, if I didn't get my Q yesterday (I know, stupid, right?).
It was supposed to be raining with thunderstorms down in Tallahassee. I dragged poor Jordan with me because I was nervous to drive all the way there and back in the rainstorms. But we ended up having decent weather! It was muggy but it only rained for about fifteen minutes. It would sprinkle intermittently but nothing while we were running. What a blessing!
Plus, best of all, Lexi and I Q'd in both Standard AND Jumpers! AND we ended up winning both classes! That's always fun. Now that we are in Excellent Jumpers, it will be a lot harder to get ribbons, because there are more dogs and those dogs are a lot faster. So it was a fun way to end being in Open Jumpers. Also, our Standard Q was our first one. Two more to go before we are in Excellent Standard!
| The green ribbon is our New Title ribbon. The blues are obviously for first place. YAY! |
All of us ladies who train together had really good runs! Phyl's poodle Riley (the black one) had clean runs but he had time faults, and in Excellent that knocks you out. He used to be a conformation poodle (think Westminster) so he likes to prance around and spend as much time in the ring as possible. Phyl's younger poodle Finley (the white one) will probably start running next year. Vicki had a couple really great runs and got her first Open Jumpers Q and also got 4th place. Yay Vicki and Boo!
| The unofficial Southwest Georgia Agility Team |
2 comments:
Congrats! Lexi is the cutest dog there by the way:)
Are you naming your baby boy Logan? So cute!!
Way to go Lexi!
Post a Comment