Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

Jordan was gone for Valentine's Day this year. He's in D.C. I am really sad about it (what's up with a day of love without your love?), but I made it through.

Yesterday we had our preschool Valentine's party. I made these little fish Valentine's for my class. They say, "Dear _______, Thanks for being in my SCHOOL! Love, Miss Jamie and Miss Rachel."


The kids all brought Valentine's for their friends and me and Rachel helped them put the Valentine's in the right bag.





After that the kids decorated these cute Valentine's cups, and then ate a yummy lunch of Chick Fil A nuggets and Cheetos. I would say the party was a success!


Today, on actual Valentine's Day, I woke up and went to the new JoAnn's grand opening. They were giving out gift cards to the first $100 customers. If this had been Utah, the line would have been forming at 5 a.m. Seeing as this is Albany, GA, it was me and twelve other people at 8:45 (the store opened at 9). Anyway, I got my free $10 gift card. Sweet.

After I'd run all my errands for the morning, I met Kristi and her girls for lunch at Hong Kong cafe. Her husband is out of town too. I'm so glad I have an FDIC wife friend who keeps me company when our boys are long gone.

Here's Kristi and baby Allie (Logan's future girlfriend).


And me and Brinley.


After our yummy Chinese food, we headed back to Kristi's place to eat chocolate covered strawberries that I'd made for us and to play with the Cricut to make a cute banner (sorry, I forgot to take a picture) for Brinley's birthday party next week.


We finished up our afternoon by watching the finale of "The Next Great Baker," a show that combines our love of cake decorating and reality TV.

All in all, it was a very good Valentine's day for one sans Jordan. I can't wait till he gets home, though! Just a couple more days!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you and Kristi made the best of Valentine's Day! I love the strawberries!