Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I love to dress up, make Halloween treats, carve pumpkins, and listen to Monster Mash. I have been planning for a couple months for our costumes and I made my and Logan's costumes. We were doing an ocean theme--we would have two pirates, a mermaid, and a shark.
Here's a not so great picture of my mermaid skirt after I finished it. I'm so sad I didn't get to wear it! Oh well. Maybe next year.
I was going to make Jordan's costume as well, but when I was at Joann's last Saturday buying fabric to make it, they had all their costumes 75% off, and they just happened to have a pirate costume on sale (hat, shirt, pants and all!) on sale for only $15! I was super excited. I thought we were all set for Halloween.
Of course Tuesday afternoon Logan woke up from his mid-morning nap with a cough and a sneeze. Later he developed a low grade fever. I was hoping he would be better yesterday, but he was worse. Of course I took him to the doctor and the doctor said its a cold, you can't really do much, keep him away from other kids, he's contagious.
We spent a sad day yesterday. Logan wouldn't let me put him down so I dragged the glider into the living room and just rocked him all day long. I am so grateful for that glider. It's so sad to have a sick little baby, and rocking seemed to be the only thing to make him feel better.
![]() |
| Snuggling with a cozy blankie and watching cartoons is the thing to do when you are sick |
Apart from being sad for my little guy, I was sooooo bummed. Halloween was basically over for us. Our ward's trunk or treat was last night and we weren't able to go. Today was Halloween and he woke up seeming a lot better. His nose was still running but his cough was pretty much gone and his fever was gone, so yay! I took advantage of some of his happier moments and dressed him up in his costume, but of course he wasn't as happy as usual. I only got one smiley picture.
Here's some other pictures from our photo shoot:
| Playing with Daddy's pirate hat |
I tried to do a photo session with Lexi as well but they both resisted. Apparently something to their right was extremely interesting. Seriously, Logan stayed like that for ten full minutes.
| Seriously? How long are you going to make us sit here? |
I got this cute one of Lexi tonight, right before she ripped her costume. Don't worry, I can fix it.
Since Logan seemed to be feeling okay this morning, I took him into town in his costume to meet up with Jordan for lunch. The servers at the restaurant thought he was the cutest thing ever.
And that was our Halloween. I'm really hopeful that this mean that Logan won't be sick for Thanksgiving or Christmas. I can't believe that tomorrow is November and we only have three weeks until Jordan's parents come to visit! Hooray!









1 comment:
So sorry our sweet baby boy was sick on Halloween! Hopefully, you will all be feeling better real soon.
Post a Comment