Sunday, July 20, 2014

Gallacher Six Flags Trip

n Friday July 18 we all went to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. We all had a blast! Logan slept most of the way there and then woke up and was in a great mood the whole time. He kept pointing at all the roller coasters and animals and loving it. 


He got to see some penguins for the first time.



And some dolphins. You can't see the dolphins in the picture but they were there, I promise!


Here's me and Dad in front of our first roller coaster of the day, Superman! Michelle, Brett, Dad and I rode every ride except Kong which none of us likes. Mom doesn't like rides so she hung out with Logan while we were riding. It was perfect!


After riding Superman, Roar, and Vertical Velocity, we went over to see the dolphin show. Logan really wanted Grandpa to hold him. He LOVES grandpa!



After the dophins we saw the bird show and then went over to the new splash pad area. It was so fun! I was so glad I had an extra pair of shorts for Logan. He was walking around with the big kids and getting wet. I loved watching him play!






Eventually Brett, Michelle, and Dad went to ride a coaster that was near the splash pad and Mom and I took Logan on a little kid ride. They told us he could only ride if he was wearing shoes and could walk. No problem for this kid! He walked from Mom to me and everyone already on the boat ride cheered and said how cute he was. There was a baby a few months older than him on the ride and she cried the whole time, but not Logan!


It must have worn him out because he fell asleep almost immediately after the ride. 

Mom did go on one ride--the water raft ride. This was actually during Logan's nap so she rode, and then Mom and I swapped and she watched Logan. 


After that we grabbed a HUGE bag of kettle corn (our only in-park purchase of the whole day) and went to see the sharks!


Logan thought they were really cool!


By this point in the day Logan didn't want to be in the stroller much so we passed him back and forth while walking to the Sea Lion Show.


After the sea lions, we went to see the elephants, tigers, lions, giraffes, and the arctic wolf. Logan loved all the animals but was really excited to see the wolf; I'm sure he thought it was a dog!

We finished up the day by riding the new Sky Screamer swing ride (which I didn't love) and our favorite coaster Medusa!

It was a super great day. The lines weren't long and it wasn't too hot and Logan was SO good. The only thing that could have made it better is if Jordan was with us!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Love all the pictures!