Can you believe our baby is ONE YEAR OLD? It's amazing that one year ago yesterday, this little man was born! He is truly a blessing in our lives.
Logan is about 31" long and 25 lbs. He hasn't had his one year doc appointment (due to moving) so I'm not exactly sure on measurements. He wears size 4 diapers and mostly 18 month clothes.
Logan drinks three 7 oz. bottles a day. He just dropped his fourth bottle a week ago. He mostly will just eat what we eat, but his favorites are frozen peas, string cheese, mac n' cheese, and apples.
He loves to feed Lexi during meals. He will usually take a bite of whatever he's eating and the toss some over the side of his high chair for her to eat and then take another bite. I'm glad she's around to clean up after this messy kid!
Logan's biggest accomplishment this month is learning to walk. His favorite game is to walk between Jordan and I. He still won't walk all the time because he can crawl so much faster, but he is becoming quite confident in his walking skills.
He has also started to point to everything. It's pretty cute to ask him where Lexi is and to see him point to her.
Baby boy babbles a lot but he isn't saying many words. He will say "Dada" and "hey" and yesterday he said "buh" for "bye."
Other favorite activities include throwing things, playing with toys, reading lift-the-flap books, and faking a cough. He also really likes to watch other little kids even though he doesn't really play with them yet. He is also working on his climbing skills. The other day he pushed an upside down box up to our bookcases and tried to climb up the bookcase. Yesterday he climbed up on a toy and then on top of his Grammy's coffee table. He's trouble!
This was Logan's last month in Georgia where he was born. We moved out of our house on June 26 and it was incredibly hard for me to leave his nursery. I am so glad I got to bring my baby home to our little blue house and that he had a happy first year there.
We just love our little man so much! Being a mom has been really hard but has come with a lot of joy. Watching Logan learn new skills brings me so much happiness. There is something magical about watching a baby figure something out for the first time. He is such a loving baby. He loves me so much even though sometimes I feel smothered by his love. Every time he sees me if I've been gone he gives me a huge smile and scrambles to get to me. It's so sweet. I love him so much. I can't believe it's already been a year and I'm excited to see what the next year will bring! We love you, Logan!
(Father's Note)
Logan is such an amazing addition to our family. I've learned a lot from being a father and I'm excited for all the adventures we'll have in the future. Nothing can be better than a cheesy grin and a tight squeeze from that kid whenever I get home. With all of the craziness with moving and going to Utah for my Grandma's funeral, his sleeping habits have gone downhill. For some reason he has decided that I am his favorite sleeping buddy, so we've spent a few nights hanging out together. I really don't mind. He's a really sweet cuddling partner. I feel very privileged to be his dad. He is such a fun kid and I can't wait to see what funny thing he'll do next!
No comments:
Post a Comment