Monday, June 13, 2016

36 Weeks with Baby #2

We are finally less than a month away from meeting this baby! I am so ready. For reals. I'm just too hot, too uncomfortable, and too tired. I say that, and then I get a little nervous about labor, since my experience last time was not great, but whatever.

 Well, I guess I'm ready except for the fact that I am not sure who is going to deliver my baby. I went in to see a (highly recommended) doctor right when we moved here, and we did not click at that appointment. Some things really bothered me but I thought maybe I was being too picky and just missed my great doctor in Utah. He didn't have me back until this past Thursday (3 weeks later! In the third trimester!) and I just really didn't feel good about the appointment, the doctor, etc. so I am trying to find someone else. I go in tomorrow to another practice so fingers crossed I feel good about this one. It has added a lot of stress to this past week! I just want to go back to Utah so my doctor there can deliver this baby!


How far along? 36 weeks 2 days
How big is the baby? Enormous. I figured out that if it's really true that babies gain a half pound per week at the end of pregnancy, and if Parker is following in Logan's footsteps and will be around 9 pounds, he's already 7 pounds, which is the size of a regular baby.
Total weight gain: 28 lbs. I'm doing better than last time.
Stretch marks: Nope. 
Sleep: Sleep stinks. I wake up every morning thinking, "Oh my gosh, I just woke up and I'm completely exhausted." Going to bed is more depressing than relaxing. I have total insomnia.
Best moment this week: Hmmm well this isn't super exciting but I ordered everything for baby that I needed (there wasn't much, but we needed new bottles, pacifiers, a bouncer, crib sheets, and some light swaddle blankets), and so I think we're completely ready now. The double stroller still has to get here but I'm sure we won't be using it for a while anyway. Funny story about getting the crib ready though--when I put the crib sheet on I noticed that there were 2 inches between the crib and the mattress on both sides! It was so weird.



I was like, whoa, did I really not notice that when Logan was sleeping in there up to a few months ago? And I went back and checked my blog and nope, the mattress used to fit normally. I thought maybe the sheets were too tight but even without the sheets on the mattress was way too small. It was just bizarre! We think what happened was that the mattress was put upright in the moving truck and had stuff piled on top of it and got squished. Anyway, we ended up having to buy a new mattress, because that's a safety hazard.
Miss anything? Being small. And not having round ligamant pain. OUCH. I did not have it with Logan and this time I've had it since the second trimester. It's getting old.
Movement: Yeah, he moves all the time. Sometimes he totally spazzes out. Pretty crazy
Food cravings: Nope, just really hungry.
Anything making you queasy or sick? I've been feeling kind of sick in the mornings again, and sick if I don't eat often enough (which seems like all the time).
Labor signs: Nope.
Symptoms: Round ligamant pain. Also my belly is so stretched. I don't know how it can keep stretching. It hurts all the time! And I'm really itchy, espeically at night. Oh and here's a weird one--I'm totally addicted to eating ice. I must have it at all times.
Belly button in or out?It's starting to poke out. Logan thinks it's really weird. He's always like, "Mama, what happened??" when he sees my belly button.
Wedding rings on or off? Off
Happy or moody most of the time? I'd say about half and half right now. Mostly I'm just tired all the time. I try to stay happy and keep Logan and I busy, but the hard part is that I will start hurting or feel sick when we are out and about and then I'll get cranky, when I am trying to just keep Logan and I happy! *sigh* I have been working on some decorations for Logan's birthday party and I've enjoyed that.
Looking forward to: Hitting 37 weeks next Saturday. I don't think I'm going into labor early but it will be nice to hit that milestone (full term) anyway. Also Logan's birthday party is next Saturday, so I'll have fun working on his cake this week. It will help the time go more quickly (hopefully!)

2 comments:

Robynn said...

Dear Jamie,
I LOVE reading your blog and I'm so excited for your new little guy on his way shortly. I would LOVE LOVE LOVe to see a picture of your crib with your beautiful quilt you made to go in it. You kind of gave me a teaser showing the corner of the shrunken mattress. I've not ever heard of such a thing, how crazy. You are in my prayers for a happy last few week of having Parker on board. You are the cutest!
SLY
AUntie Rob

RyRy said...

Your hair looks amazing!!😉